Jackfruit & Black Bean Taco Filling
Mix up your taco game with Jackfruit & Black Bean Taco Filling! It's a delicious vegan and gluten-free recipe. Add it to corn tortillas (or salad) with your favorite toppings for an easy meal any night of the week.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 can jackfruit (20 ounces) in water or brine (not syrup)
- 1 can black beans (15 ounces) rinsed and drained
For the sauce:
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano or any dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1/2 cup water
Rinse and drain the jackfruit. Take each chunk and squeeze out any excess liquid. Use your fingers to shred the jackfruit, if desired.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a saute pan. Add the jackfruit and cook until lightly browned.
Meanwhile combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
Add the black beans and sauce to the pan. Stir until the filling is heated through and the sauce has thickened.
Taste and adjust for seasonings. Serve with corn tortillas and your favorite taco toppings.
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 426mg | Potassium: 404mg | Fiber: 8g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 3.2mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 2.5mg