This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. Thank you for supporting Veggies Save The Day!
Air Fryer French Fries with Seasoned Salt are a healthier alternative to the deep-fried version. You only need a tiny bit of oil to make them super crispy and flavorful. These fries are naturally vegan and gluten-free.
Most people love french fries, but unfortunately, most of the ones in restaurants aren’t very healthy.
And it’s a shame, since potatoes are a really healthy vegetable.
Did you know that one medium Russet potato baked with the skin on only contains 168 calories, yet has 5 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber?
This is 10% of the daily value for protein and 16% of the daily value for fiber.
Yet the typical french fry is loaded with fat and salt.
But fear not!
You can air fry your french fries and enjoy them guilt-free!
What is an air fryer and how does it work?
An air fryer is a small kitchen appliance that circulates hot air around food making it crispy on the outside.
When you turn it on, you can hear a fan circulating the air at high speed.
Foods can be cooked with little to no oil, resulting in healthier options than traditional frying.
And cooking times are faster than when using an oven.
It’s also a safe appliance to use and easy to clean.
When you want to check your food during the cooking process, you simply pull out the basket while the air fryer is still on.
I generally toss the food about half way though to ensure even cooking, especially when making a recipe like Air Fryer French Fries.
This way, each fry gets crispy from being exposed to the hot air.
Besides making Air Fryer French Fries, I use my Philips Air Fryer to make all sorts of delicious dishes.
It’s perfect for cooking everything from vegetables to tofu.
You can also use it for heating up frozen food or leftovers.
Check out some of my favorite air fryer recipes:
That’s right, you can even make dessert in your air fryer!
This recipe for Air Fryer French Fries makes one serving.
If you have an extra-large air fryer, you can make larger quantities at once.
However, if you have the standard size like I do, I recommend cooking the potatoes in batches.
I don’t like to crowd mine because it will take longer for the food to cook, and the fries might not get evenly crispy.
In addition, this recipe makes more Seasoned Salt than you will need for one Russet potato.
But it keeps very well in a sealed jar or plastic bag.
You can use it in other recipes, or save it so you’re always ready to make a batch of fries!
P.S. When you make our fries, you’re probably going to want a veggie burger, too. 😉
Now let’s make Air Fryer French Fries with Seasoned Salt!
Air Fryer French Fries with Seasoned Salt
- 1 Russet potato (I keep the skin on, but you can peel the potato, if you prefer.)
- 5 sprays olive oil or avocado oil cooking spray (You may want to use a little more or less depending on the size of your potato)
- Slice the potato into thin strips approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the potato slices in a bowl of water to soak for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Seasoned Salt by mixing the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Drain the potato slices and dry well with kitchen towels.
- Place the potato slices in a dry bowl. Spritz with about 5 sprays of cooking oil. Use your hands to toss to coat.
- Add your desired amount of Seasoned Salt to the potato slices and use your hands to toss to coat.
- Place the potato slices in the basket of your air fryer and spread them out as evenly as possible.
- Cook on 390 degrees (or the highest temperature on your model) for 15 to 20 minutes, tossing half way through, until the fries are lightly browned and crispy.
- Serve immediately.