Enjoy a burst of tropical flavor when you sip a healthy Pineapple Green Smoothie! You only need four ingredients to make this vegan smoothie that's perfect for breakfast or a post-workout snack.
While I often enjoy green smoothies with banana and peanut butter, pineapple is a delicious alternative.
Besides enjoying the wonderful taste of the tropical fruit, pineapple is high in manganese and vitamin C. It's also high in fiber, folate, copper, vitamin B1 and vitamin B6.
And because it's a natural anti-inflammatory, it's great for reducing swelling, bruising, and arthritis. In addition, since spinach also has natural anti-inflammatory properties, together in this Pineapple Green Smoothie they are a nutritional powerhouse.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It's super flavorful yet only requires 4 ingredients.
- You can make it with either fresh or frozen pineapple.
- It works well with any of your favorite plant-based milks.
- Non-dairy milk such as unsweetened coconut milk beverage or organic soy milk
- Frozen banana
- Baby spinach
- Pineapple chunks, either fresh or frozen
- Boost it by adding in chia seeds, hemp seeds, or nuts. Or add a pinch of turmeric root.
- For the liquid, you can use any non-dairy milk you like. With the pineapple, I particularly enjoy using unsweetened coconut milk beverage that comes in a carton (not a can).
- But if you don't want to use plant milk, coconut water works really well, too. Also, if you want to make your Pineapple Green Smoothie more of a frosty beverage, add a few ice cubes before blending.
- In addition, if you don't have spinach on hand, try another green such as kale. As you can see, this simple smoothie recipe is really flexible!
For the complete list of ingredients with measurements plus recipe instructions, please see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
🌱 5 Secrets To Cooking The Vegan Mediterranean Diet Way
Get the FREE 5-day mini email course!
This Pineapple Green Smoothie really couldn't be easier to make. Simply add your ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. I use a Vitamix high-speed blender, but other brands such as Blendtec work really well, too.
Prep ahead option
This recipe makes two small smoothies or one very large smoothie.
If you want to save some time, try prepping your Pineapple Green Smoothie in freezer bags by portioning out the banana and pineapple. Then when you want to make it, add the plant milk, frozen fruit, and spinach leaves to your blender.
More vegan smoothie recipes
And for even more recipes, join the Vegan Mediterranean Diet Recipes Facebook group for support, inspiration & fun!
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars! ★★★★★
Pineapple Green Smoothie
- 1 cup non-dairy milk, (I used unsweetened coconut milk beverage)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, (fresh or frozen)
- Blend all the ingredients in a high-speed blender, such as a Vitamix. Enjoy!
Want to save this recipe?
Nutritional information is an estimation only.