Welcome! My name is Amy Katz, and I'm so happy you're here.
I have always loved cooking. As a child, I often helped my mom in the kitchen, and I'm fortunate she was an adventurous cook who loved collecting recipe books as much as I do. One of my fondest memories is hovering around her while she prepared dinner.
Personally I've always felt a connection to animals and the environment. Even when I was a kid, I told my parents I wanted to be vegetarian. We compromised, and I stopped eating beef and pork.
Later when my mother became ill with an incurable and rare degenerative brain disease, I felt like I needed a change. I've been vegan since January 2013, and I also follow a gluten-free diet due to a sensitivity.
While I've been vegan for many years, I don't expect everyone to be like me. I think most people will agree that we should all try to incorporate more vegetables and fruit into our diet. And I want to help you discover how easy and delicious it can be.
About the recipes
The inspiration for my recipes comes from a Mediterranean diet. Not only is this way of eating easy to follow and maintain, studies have shown that this lifestyle can help prevent chronic diseases and aid in longevity.
I'm convinced that eating plant-based meals doesn't have to be difficult or boring. And that's why I'm passionate about sharing recipes that:
- Are simple, healthy, and delicious and easy to make any day of the week.
- Incorporate more produce, whole-grains, and legumes into your diet.
- Make it easy to enjoy more plant-based meals while reducing your consumption of meat and dairy.
Whether you've been vegan for years, eat plant-based meals for Meatless Mondays, or are looking to add more vegetables and fruit into your diet, you've come to the right place.
I love creating delicious recipes based on a vegan Mediterranean diet that are easy to make without a laundry list of ingredients. And I hope to inspire you to choose plant-based meals more often.
So grab a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy looking around. As you explore the site, you'll discover recipes that are colorful, easy to prepare, and full of flavor. Then join me in the kitchen, and let's start cooking!
- I was born in Southern California and have lived here my entire life.
- I'm an avid runner and have completed 40 marathons.
- I used to hate avocados, but now I can't get enough of them.
- I have a passion for learning about healthy eating and am a Certified Vegan Nutrition Health Coach.
- I enjoy growing greens, herbs, and veggies in my hydroponic garden.
- I love sharing cooking hacks in Instagram reels.
- My cute black cat, Ozzy, weighs 22 pounds!
Connect with me
- In the Vegan Mediterranean Diet Recipes Facebook group
- On Instagram (Tag me in your posts @veggiessavetheday when you make one of my recipes.)
- In your inbox when you subscribe and get your free copy of the Instant Flavor guide: The 4-Part Formula to take your vegan meals from dull to delicious
- Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the media
- LIVESTRONG.com: 10 Plant-Based Breakfasts With More Protein Than an Egg
- Parade: 33 Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
- Everyday Health: 11 Grill-Worthy (and Nutritious) Vegetarian Recipes
- Parade: 55 Healthy Pasta Recipes
- Healthline: 10 Healthy Tofu Breakfasts You'll Love
- Parade: Give Orzo the Love It Deserves With These 45 Best Risoni Recipes
- Greatist: 50 Healthy Recipes to Cozy Up to This Winter
- VegNews: 5 Non-Dairy Cheeses that Aren't Vegan Cheese
- VegNews: 7 Vegan Air-Fryer Recipes to Help You Keep Your New Year's Resolution
- HuffPost: Vegan And Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes That Everyone Will Want
- VegNews: 13 Vegan Soup Recipes Perfect for Fall
- Women's Health: The 12 Best Healthy Green Juice Recipes You Can Make With A Blender Or Juicer
- Country Living: 30 Foil Packet Recipes That'll Keep Meals Fast and Mess-Free
- Well+Good: 10 Vegetarian Casseroles So Full of Fiber and Protein They’re All You Need On the Table
- Parade: 27 Healthy Plant-Based Instant Pot Recipes The Whole Family Will Love
- Tasty: 28 Vegan Air Fryer Recipes You Need To Try
- NBC Better by Today: Ask a nutritionist: What are the best sources of plant-based protein?
- Insider: 10 of the best air fryer recipes you should know
- Brit+Co: 12 Crispy Vegan Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Crave
- The Food Blogger Pro Podcast: Episode 359: 5 Mistakes Food Creators Make with Email Marketing with Amy Katz
- Time Management Insider: Episode 87: How to Make Plant-Based Food More Flavorful
- The Influencer Entrepreneurs Podcast: Episode 283: How to Grow Your Online Business with Collaboration over Competition with Amy Katz
- The Smart Influencer: Episode 69: 5 Email Marketing Mistakes to Avoid
- Eat Blog Talk: Episode 287: 5 Mistakes Food Bloggers Make with Email Marketing with Amy Katz
- Talkin' Tofu: Episode 73: Wholly Veggie! Ranch Cauliflower Wings
- Bowl of Life: Episode 33: The Best Tips for a Vegan Mediterranean Diet
- Deadline Funnel: Selling Ebooks as Fast Action Tripwires