Fire up the barbecue and make Teriyaki Grilled Tofu Kabobs with Pineapple! They are easy and delicious, plus this recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free. Serve them over rice or your favorite grain for a complete meal.
I’ve always been a fan of Teriyaki sauce.
I used to buy the bottled sauce until I realized how easy it is to make at home.
In fact, you can whip up a batch of Vegan Teriyaki Sauce in about 10 minutes.
You only need a few ingredients, and it’s oil-free and gluten-free.
I often use it to make Baked Teriyaki Tofu or as a stir-fry sauce.
And during grilling season, I love making Teriyaki Grilled Tofu Kabobs with Pineapple.
I recently discovered how much I love to grill.
While an indoor grill pan is a wonderful tool, there’s just something about grilling outside.
But don’t worry if you don’t own a barbecue grill.
You can easily make this recipe in a grill pan on your stove, or even baked in the oven.
Teriyaki Grilled Tofu Kabobs with Pineapple are easy to make on skewers with your favorite vegetables.
I like using metal skewers, but you can also use wooden skewers if you prefer.
If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water overnight. They need to be waterlogged so that they don’t burn on the grill.
In this recipe I paired red onion and red bell pepper with the tofu and fresh pineapple.
I also like using other colors of onion and peppers as well as zucchini and mushrooms.
The possibilities are endless!
Teriyaki Grilled Tofu Kabobs are delicious served over rice or your favorite grain.
Once they are done cooking, I like to remove the tofu, pineapple, and vegetables from the skewers and place them on a serving plate over rice or quinoa.
I reserve some extra Teriyaki Sauce in case anyone wants to add some more to their food. I love a little drizzle on steamed rice.
Now let’s make Teriyaki Grilled Tofu Kabobs with Pineapple!
Teriyaki Grilled Tofu Kabobs with Pineapple
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu drained and pressed (or use super-firm tofu) cubed
- 3/4 cup Vegan Teriyaki Sauce divided
- 1 red onion diced large
- 1 red bell pepper diced large
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cubed
- Marinate the cubed tofu in 1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce for at least 15 minutes. Reserve the excess sauce for basting.
- Thread the tofu, onion, bell pepper, and pineapple on metal skewers in an alternating pattern.
- Heat the grill to medium high.
- Place the kabobs on the hot grill. Brush with the reserved sauce.
- Flip the kabobs over once they are grilled on the bottom. Don't worry if the tofu sticks a little. Brush the other side with sauce.
- Once both sides are browned with grill marks, transfer the kabobs to a plate.
- When cool enough to handle, remove the tofu, vegetables, and pineapple from the skewers and place on a serving platter.
- Serve with rice or your favorite grain and the reserved Teriyaki Sauce.