Summer Hearts of Palm Salad is refreshing and healthy. You only need a few ingredients to make it. Enjoy it as a starter, a side dish, or bring it to your next potluck! This recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free.
Have you ever eaten Hearts of Palm?
Did you know they are the inner portion of the stem of the cabbage palm, Florida’s official state tree?
This vegetable resembles white asparagus stalks and is delicately flavored.
I wonder who first discovered this stem is edible and delicious!
Hearts of Palm also remind me of artichoke hearts.
You can find them in cans or jars in most markets.
They add an exotic twist to a classic summer salad of cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado.
For a delicious warm-weather meal, I like to include Summer Hearts of Palm Salad.
Or enjoy it along side some chips and Fresh Pineapple Salsa.
And you can’t go wrong with Raw Key Lime Pie for dessert.
Looking for more ways to use hearts of palm?
You can also add them to a simple green salad.
And my friend Melissa uses them to make Vegan Crab Cakes.
Now let’s make Summer Hearts of Palm Salad!
Summer Hearts of Palm Salad
- 1 can hearts of palm (14 ounces) rinsed, patted dry, and sliced into circles (don't worry if they fall apart.)
- 1 cucumber peeled and seeded, sliced into half moons
- 1 dry pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado cubed
- 3 Tablespoon lemon juice (about one lemon)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients in a large bowl. Carefully fold to combine.
- Serve immediately, or chill in the refrigerator and enjoy later!