Hi there! My name is Amy Katz, and I'm so happy to have you here.
I have always loved cooking, probably because I've always loved eating!
As a child, I often helped my mom in the kitchen, and I'm fortunate she was an adventurous cook who loved collecting recipe books as much as I do. One of my fondest memories is hovering around her while she prepared dinner.
While I've been vegan for many years, I don't expect everyone to be like me. We all have our own ways we choose to live our lives. And that's good!
Personally I've always felt a connection to animals and the environment. Even when I was a kid, I told my parents I wanted to be vegetarian. But since I didn't know how to feed myself, we compromised, and I stopped eating beef and pork.
But later when my mother became ill with an incurable and rare degenerative brain disease, I felt like I needed a change.
I've been vegan since January 2013, and I also follow a gluten-free diet due to a sensitivity.
My favorite recipes are plant-based Mediterranean diet recipes that anyone can recreate at home in little time.
Even if you're not interested in becoming vegan, I think most people will agree that we should all try to incorporate more vegetables and fruit into our diet. And I want to help you discover how easy and delicious it can be!
I'm also an avid runner, so feel free to chat with me about how I've run races, including marathons, on a vegan, gluten-free diet.
I live in Irvine, California with the love of my life, Brad, and our adorable cat Ozzy, who you can follow Instagram.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Veggies Save The Day
Eating plant-based meals doesn't have to be difficult or boring.
Are you looking for simple, healthy, and delicious recipes you can make any day of the week?
Are you trying to incorporate more produce, whole-grains, and legumes into your diet?
Are you interested in trying more plant-based recipes and reducing your consumption of meat and dairy?
Then you've come to the right place!
I want to do my best to help you along your journey, whatever it may be.
Whether you're eating plant-based meals one day a week for Meatless Mondays, or trying VB6 (Vegan Before 6:00,) or incorporating more vegetables and fruit into your diet, I'm here for you.
I love creating vegan recipes based on the Mediterranean diet that are easy to make without a laundry list of ingredients.
And I hope to inspire you to choose plant-based meals more often.
If you're new to Veggies Save The Day, grab a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy looking around.
As you explore the site, you'll discover recipes that are colorful, easy to prepare, and full of flavor.
Then join me in the kitchen, and let's start cooking!
Popular recipes on Veggies Save The Day:
- Chickpea Cucumber Salad
- Lemon Cream Pasta Sauce
- Zucchini Chickpea Stew
- Spaghetti with Garlic and Olive Oil
- Pineapple Green Smoothie
Please email me at email@example.com with any questions.
Veggies Save The Day in the media:
- Brit + Co: 12 Crispy Vegan Air Fried-Recipes You'll Crave
- Business Insider: 10 of the best air fryer recipes you should know
- Country Living: 30 Foil Packet Recipes for Fast, Mess-Free Meals
- FabFitFun: 10 Overnight Chia Pudding Recipes You Can Enjoy On-The-Go
- Food Revolution Network: Everything You Need to Know About Avocados + 15 Science-Backed Reasons to Eat These Fabulous Fruits
- Greatist: 25 Air-Fryer Recipes that Give a Crazy-Good Fried Taste Without All the Oil
- MSN: You Can Totally Make Green Juice In The Blender
- NBC News Better: Ask a nutritionist: What are the best sources of plant-based protein?
- Parade: 27 Healthy Plant-Based Instant Pot Recipes The Whole Family Will Love
- PureWow: 21 Dinner Recipes You Can (And Should Make in an Air Fryer)
- VegNews: 7 Vegan Air Fryer Recipes to Help You Keep Your New Year's Resolution
- Well+Good: 8 Healthy Vegan Instant Pot Recipes That Will Make Meal Prep A Breeze