Loaded with flavor from garlic, mustard, and dill, this vegan roasted cauliflower side dish is easy to make with only 5 ingredients. If you enjoy the taste of Dijon salad dressing, this is the recipe for you.
There's nothing like roasting vegetables to bring out their flavor. And while it's common to use olive oil and salt and pepper, you can add other ingredients like Dijon mustard, garlic, and fresh herbs, as well. After you try it, I think you'll agree this is the best roasted cauliflower recipe.
You'll love this recipe because:
- It's incredibly tasty yet only requires 5 ingredients (plus salt and pepper).
- This mouthwatering dish goes with just about everything.
- The leftovers can be eaten hot or cold.
You only need 5 ingredients, plus salt and pepper, to make this easy roasted cauliflower recipe:
- Dijon mustard (or your favorite stone ground mustard)
- Olive oil
- Fresh garlic
- Cauliflower (use fresh, not frozen, for this recipe)
- Fresh dill
For the complete list of ingredients with measurements plus recipe instructions, please see the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Combine the Dijon mustard, olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add the cauliflower florets to the mixture and toss well with your hands so that the florets are well coated.
- Spread the cauliflower out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven until the cauliflower is tender and lightly browned.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a shallow serving bowl or plate and garnish with fresh dill.
This side dish is quite versatile and goes with a wide variety of dishes from pasta to rice pilaf to meatloaf. Browse some of these favorites for inspiration:
- Lemon Artichoke Pasta
- Fresh Tomato Pasta
- Chickpea Rice Pilaf
- Mediterranean Millet
- Vegan Meatloaf Muffins
More unique cauliflower recipes
Looking for more ways to enjoy cauliflower? Try some of these vegan favorites:
- Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad
- Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- Cauliflower Ceviche
- Cauliflower Chickpea Curry
- Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
And for even more delicious vegan recipes, join the Insider List and receive a FREE recipe ebook! You can also follow along on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, and join the Vegan Mediterranean Diet Recipes Facebook Group.
Leftover roasted vegetables can be covered and refrigerated for 3-4 days. Reheat them in a microwave-safe bowl or enjoy them cold straight from the refrigerator. They are a wonderful addition to salads topped with Mediterranean Green Olive Salad Dressing.
Make sure to spread the florets out evenly on your baking sheet and avoid overcrowding to ensure even roasting.
More nutrients are retained with dry cooking methods such as roasting, grilling, and stir-frying.
This recipe can be prepared in your air fryer by cooking at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through. Be sure not to overcrowd the basket. You may need to cook the florets in two batches.
This recipe calls for one head of cauliflower, which is about 4 cups.
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars! ★★★★★
Best Roasted Cauliflower with Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into florets
- fresh dill, chopped, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, combine the Dijon mustard, olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the mustard mixture and toss well with your hands so that the florets are well coated.
- Spread the cauliflower out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for easier clean up.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and lightly browned.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the cauliflower to a shallow serving bowl or plate. Garnish with chopped fresh dill and serve.
- Use your hands to coat the florets with the mustard mixture to ensure you don't miss any spots.
- Do not overcrowd the pan. Spread the vegetables out in a single layer as much as possible to avoid mushy cauliflower.
Nutritional information is an estimation only.Click here to download your FREE Instant Flavor guide: The 4-part formula to take your vegan meals from dull to delicious!