Mustard Roasted Cauliflower is flavorful and easy to make with only 5 ingredients. And this vegan and gluten-free recipe goes with just about everything!
You might think of mustard as a spread to put on sandwiches.
Or for making Dijon Mustard Salad Dressing.
However, it's a wonderful ingredient to keep in your kitchen for all sorts of recipes.
I love its bold flavor in a Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad.
And it's delicious in a Roasted Butternut Squash Spinach Salad.
But did you know you can also cook with mustard?
I think you're going to be hooked when you try this Mustard Roasted Cauliflower.
Dijon adds a zesty flavor to Mustard Roasted Cauliflower.
Did you know that Dijon mustard gets its name because it was originally created by a mustard maker in Dijon, France?
You can read all about the different types of mustard and how they are made in this Mustard Manual: Your Guide to Mustard Varieties.
I found the article from Serious Eats very interesting, and it made me want to experiment with more types of mustard.
But for making Mustard Roasted Cauliflower, I decided to use Dijon mustard because I enjoy its sharp flavor.
And a little goes a long way, so we don't need to use very much to season an entire head of cauliflower.
The key to getting the roasted cauliflower extra flavorful is to thoroughly coat the florets with the mustard mixture.
For this recipe, I highly recommend you use your hands to toss the florets in Dijon, olive oil, and garlic so that you don't miss any spots.
The easiest way to do this is to combine the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and then take your time to ensure all the florets receive an equal amount of the delicious flavoring.
But first you'll need to separate the cauliflower into florets.
If you're not sure how to do that, check out this informative article How to Cut Cauliflower from The Kitchn, one of my favorite cooking resources.
Mustard Roasted Cauliflower is a versatile side dish or starter.
It goes with just about everything, from pasta to veggie burgers.
Plus since it's easy to find cauliflower all year round, you can enjoy this recipe with a wide variety of foods.
You could even eat the leftovers on a salad.
How will you serve Mustard Roasted Cauliflower?
And if you're a fan of cauliflower, you might also enjoy these other recipes:
Now let's make Mustard Roasted Cauliflower!
Mustard Roasted Cauliflower
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into florets
- fresh dill, chopped, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, combine the Dijon mustard, olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the mustard mixture and toss well with your hands so that the florets are well coated.
- Spread the cauliflower out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for easier clean up.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and lightly browned.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the cauliflower to a shallow serving bowl or plate. Garnish with chopped fresh dill and serve.