Roasted Cauliflower gets a boost of fresh flavor from garlic, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, and lime in this easy side dish. It’s naturally vegan and gluten-free and ready in about 40 minutes.
Sometimes it seems like cauliflower is overshadowed by its cousin broccoli.
But both are delicious as side dishes and in salads.
I always love both Buffalo Cauliflower Salad and Broccoli Salad with Sunflower Seeds and Dried Cranberries.
However, I was curious about the nutritional differences between the two.
I found this great infographic from Prevention Magazine.
Sadly cauliflower doesn’t quite stack up to the nutritional powerhouse broccoli, but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be included as part of a healthy diet.
And Roasted Cauliflower with Jalapeno and Lime is the perfect side dish for Mexican-inspired main dishes.
It’s a tradition in my house to have tacos every Tuesday, and this dish complements the flavors perfectly.
I know it’s a little silly, but knowing that we’re celebration Taco Tuesday each week makes meal planning a little easier.
So if you would like to join me in this weekly ritual and are looking for new taco recipes to try, these are some of my favorites:
That last one is like an open-faced taco.
And for a beverage to go with your meal, you can’t beat a Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresca.
Making Roasted Cauliflower with Jalapeno and Lime is really simple.
First you roast the cauliflower florets in the oven with some garlic and a little olive oil.
Then when it’s lightly browned and tender, you transfer the cauliflower to a serving dish and toss with sliced jalapeno and lime juice and top with fresh cilantro.
I usually remove the seeds and ribs from the jalapeno before I slice it, but feel free to leave them in if you like really spicy food.
Now let’s make Roasted Cauliflower with Jalapeno and Lime!
Roasted Cauliflower with Jalapeno and Lime
- 1 head cauliflower separated into bite-size florets
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped (seeds and ribs removed, optional)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lime juice
- Fresh cilantro leaves for serving
- Pre-heat the oven to 450° F.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, toss the cauliflower florets with the garlic, salt and pepper, and olive oil.
- Roast for 20 to 30 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork and lightly browned.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl and toss with the chopped jalapeno and lime juice. Top with cilantro and serve.