Seasoned with jalapeño chili pepper, garlic, lime, and cilantro, this easy oven roasted spicy cauliflower side dish is loaded with flavor.
Roasting vegetables is one of my favorite ways to bring out their natural flavor. And adding garlic and chili pepper takes it to another level. If you enjoy Mexican-inspired seasonings, this is the recipe for you.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It's super flavorful yet only requires 6 ingredients (plus salt and pepper).
- You can make it in in your oven in about 40 minutes.
- It goes well with a variety of dishes from tacos to pasta.
- Fresh cauliflower
- Fresh garlic
- Jalapeño pepper
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lime juice
For the complete list of ingredients with measurements plus recipe instructions, please see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Spread out the cauliflower, garlic, and jalapeño slices in a single layer. Toss with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until the florets are tender when pierced with a fork and lightly browned, tossing half way through.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a serving bowl and drizzle with lime juice. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
Use your hands to coat the florets with the olive oil to ensure you don't miss any spots.
Do not overcrowd the pan. Spread the vegetables out in a single layer as much as possible to avoid mushy cauliflower.
Air Fryer instructions
This recipe can be prepared in your air fryer by cooking at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, tossing halfway through. Be sure not to overcrowd the basket. You may need to cook the florets in two batches.
Leftover roasted vegetables can be covered and refrigerated for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl or enjoy at room temperature.
If the pan of vegetables is overcrowded, they won't roast evenly and will be mushy. Be sure to leave space between the florets.
Place the cauliflower stem-side up on your cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut out the core. Then pull the cauliflower apart into florets. If the florets are large, slice through the stems to divide them into smaller florets.
Yes, you can store the florets in a sealed container or zipper food storage bag in your refrigerator for up to a week.
More unique cauliflower recipes
Looking for more ways to enjoy cauliflower? Try some of these vegan favorites:
And for even more recipes, join the Vegan Mediterranean Diet Recipes Facebook group for support, inspiration, and fun.
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars! ★★★★★
Spicy Roasted Cauliflower with Jalapeño Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 425° F.
- Spread out the cauliflower, garlic, and jalapeño slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Toss with the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 to 30 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork and lightly browned, tossing half way through.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a serving bowl and drizzle with the lime juice. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
- Use your hands to coat the florets with the olive oil to ensure you don't miss any spots.
- Do not overcrowd the pan. Spread the vegetables out in a single layer as much as possible to avoid mushy cauliflower.
Nutritional information is an estimation only.