This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TasteIt2BelieveIt #MorningStarFarms #Collectivebias
Cheesy Taco Pasta is delicious and easy to make. The whole family will enjoy this meatless meal any night of the week! And it’s vegan with a gluten-free option.
Have you ever had taco pasta?
It’s a classic comfort food recipe I remember enjoying growing up.
But it usually contains meat and dairy, so I decided to make a vegan version.
And if you want to make it gluten-free, simply use gluten-free pasta, like I did.
I think the whole family will enjoy this recipe, whether or not they are vegan or vegetarian.
It’s cheesy, hearty, and really easy to make!
Cheesy Taco Pasta requires only a handful of ingredients to make.
The star of this dish is MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles.
I found them in the frozen section at my local Walmart.
The Chorizo Crumbles are vegan, gluten-free, and made from non-GMO soy.
They are already perfectly seasoned, making them a simple solution for preparing meals.
And if you like a spicy kick, you can use them in any recipe that calls for ground beef.
You can learn more about MorningStar Farm products by visiting their website.
Other than the Chorizo Crumbles, we’ll need pasta, an onion, a can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes, and a bag of shredded non-dairy cheese.
I like to add a little more heat by using a pepper jack flavor, but cheddar is also a good choice.
And I love to garnish the pasta with sliced green onions.
But feel free to add your favorite toppings such as chopped cilantro or cubed avocado.
You only need one pot and about 30 minutes to make Cheesy Taco Pasta.
I like to cut down on the number of dishes to wash by cooking the pasta and draining it, then using the same pot to make the sauce.
First I heat a little olive oil over medium heat and saute the diced onion.
Then I add the bag of frozen Chorizo Crumbles.
Next comes the fire-roasted diced tomatoes along with the juice from the can.
I let the mixture simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
Now it’s time to stir in the shredded non-dairy cheese.
And finally the pasta is added back to the pot, and everything is folded together.
Then it’s time to eat!
Cheesy Taco Pasta is a delicious dinner option.
I love recipes like this that are really easy to make, taste amazing, and can be customized to suit your preferences.
While I only used a few ingredients to make this recipe, there are so many ways you can vary it.
Simply start with the basic recipe below, and add any vegetables or legumes you like.
Some I like to use are bell peppers, corn, sliced black olives, and black, pinto, or kidney beans.
It’s also a great way to use up any leftover ingredients you have in your refrigerator.
And, by the way, Cheesy Taco Pasta is delicious reheated the next day.
Cheesy Taco Pasta is a complete comforting meal.
But if you want to boost your family’s vegetable intake, try serving Cheesy Taco Pasta with a green salad topped with Cashew Ranch Dressing.
Or you could make Grilled Corn Tomato Cucumber Salad.
Now let’s make Cheesy Taco Pasta!
Cheesy Taco Pasta (Vegan)
- 12 ounces rotini pasta, or other short pasta (gluten-free)
- 1 Tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 package MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles, (13.5 ounces)
- 1 can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, with their juice (15 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy shredded pepper jack cheese, or your favorite flavor (1 bag)
- green onions, sliced, for garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot you used to cook the pasta, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute the onion in the oil until soft and slightly translucent.
- Add the frozen Chorizo Crumbles to the pot and use your spoon to break up any frozen clumps.
- Add the can of tomatoes with the juice.
- Simmer the sauce mixture, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Stir in the shredded non-dairy cheese.
- Add the cooked pasta back to the pot and fold the noodles into the sauce.
- Serve the pasta garnished with sliced green onions, if desired, and enjoy!
Get your FREE ebook Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes & Tips