If you love guacamole but don't want to spend a lot of time preparing it, this 4 ingredient guacamole recipe is for you. It's ready to enjoy in 5 minutes, and has the perfect balance of flavors. So grab some ripe avocados, red onion, lime juice, and garlic salt, and get ready to prepare your new favorite dip!
Creamy, buttery avocados are a staple in my house. They are a versatile ingredient that can be used to make everything from tomato topped avocado toast to oil-free avocado vinaigrette to dairy-free chocolate avocado pudding.
But arguably one of the most popular ways to enjoy this velvety fruit is in guacamole. And it only requires a few ingredients to create a harmonious blend that's the perfect condiment and dip.
That's why you can't go wrong with this easy 4 ingredient guacamole recipe. It's the perfect combination of creamy, tangy, and savory that's fantastic on veggie fajitas, burritos, and tacos, in a big guacamole salad, and as an appetizer or snack with tortilla chips.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It's ready to enjoy in 5 minutes and only requires 4 ingredients.
- You can customize it to make it your own.
- It's fantastic as a condiment with your favorite foods or as a dip.
Ripe avocados: Choose firm fruit that yield to slight pressure. If the avocado still has part of the stem, it should be green rather than brown underneath when you remove it. If your avocados aren't yet ripe, store them in a paper bag on your kitchen counter with an apple or banana to speed up the ripening process.
Lime juice: Fresh is best, but bottled will do in a pinch.
Garlic salt: My go-to is the blend from The Spice House. I buy it in flatpacks which always ship for free. Or if you prefer a more garlicky blend, try RawSpiceBar's Grateful Garlic Blend.
Substitutions and variations
- For a salt-free guacamole, season it with The Spice House's Mediterranean Garlic & Herb Salt-Free Blend
- Add chopped tomatoes such as Roma, grape, or cherry tomatoes
- For a spicy kick, stir in chopped serrano or jalapeño peppers
- Add chopped fresh cilantro
- Substitute lemon or orange juice in place of lime
- For a festive variation, add pomegranate seeds on top
- For an easy guacamole salsa, combine it with fresh cherry tomato pico de gallo
For the complete list of ingredients with measurements plus recipe instructions, please see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- To make this easy guacamole recipe, first slice the avocados lengthwise and remove the pits. Scoop out the flesh into a medium mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash and blend the 4 ingredient guacamole. Taste and add more lime juice and/or garlic salt, as needed. Enjoy right away, or refrigerate in an airtight container for later.
This simple yet delicious 4 ingredient guacamole recipe is perfect for serving with tortilla chips and raw vegetables for dipping. And at the holidays you can turn it into a Guacamole Christmas Wreath.
It's also a favorite served with Mexican-inspired dishes. Try it on roasted sweet potato tacos, quinoa and black bean casserole, and even tofu scramble tater tot casserole.
Leftover guacamole will last 1-2 days refrigerated in an airtight container. To avoid browning, place some crumpled up parchment paper directly on top of the guacamole before placing the container lid on top.
Traditional guacamole often contains avocado, onion, garlic, tomatoes, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, fresh cilantro, and salt.
Sweeter varieties such as red onion or white onion are best in guacamole. Stronger varieties may overpower the flavor of the avocados.
Other citrus juice such as lemon or orange can be used in guacamole instead of lime. Or you can substitute vinegar.
More avocado recipes
And for even more recipes, join the Vegan Mediterranean Diet Recipes Facebook group for support, inspiration, and fun.
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars! ★★★★★
4 Ingredient Guacamole Recipe
- potato masher (optional)
- 4 avocados, (ripe)
- ¼ cup red onion, diced small
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- garlic salt, to taste
- Cut each avocado open lengthwise and carefully remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh and add it to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the onions, lime juice, and garlic salt to the bowl. Use a potato masher or a fork to combine the ingredients while mashing the avocados until until you reach your desired consistency, whether that's chunky or smooth.
- Taste the guacamole and add more lime juice and/or garlic salt as needed.
- Enjoy right away, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional information is an estimation only.
Leave a Comment