When strawberries are in season, I enjoy making this refreshing and healthy oil-free Strawberry Avocado Kale Salad with coconut and hemp seeds.
When I start seeing that organic strawberries are available in my CSA box or at the local market, I start buying them every time I shop. Are you the same way?
I also like them in salad. Before we get started on how to make this Strawberry Avocado Kale Salad, I want to share some affiliate links with you so that you can easily find the ingredients for this recipe. Don’t worry, they are all things that you can use in other recipes, especially if you bake or enjoy smoothies.
Since I wanted to keep this recipe raw, I like to use Organic Raw Blue Agave. It’s a low glycemic sweetener, and it helps take away any bitterness from the kale. Another option is to substitute the agave with pure maple syrup.
Raw hemp seeds are tasty and a great source of Omega 3 and 6 Essential Fatty Acids. They are great as a topping on salads or smoothie bowls or blended in smoothies.
Unsweetened Shredded Coconut can be used in countless ways, including as topping for oatmeal, in salads, and in smoothies.
And now, I present to you the recipe for Strawberry Avocado Kale Salad!
Yields Serves 2 to 4
Strawberry Avocado Kale Salad is perfect as a light meal for one or two, or as a starter for four people. It also travels well if you want to bring it to a potluck, and it can keep refrigerated for a couple of days.
- 1 bunch kale, any variety (I used green kale.)
- 1 avocado, divided (Half will be used to massage the kale, and the other half cubed as a salad ingredient.)
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. agave
- 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- Remove the tough ribs from the kale and tear or chop into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to massage the kale with half the avocado until the kale is tender and has reduced in size.
- Add the lime juice and agave and toss well to coat.
- Add the cubed avocado, strawberries, hemp seeds, and shredded coconut and toss again.
What is your favorite way to enjoy strawberries? Please let me know in the comments!
Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me which recipes you’re making from the blog! Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen.
Please click through the Amazon banner ad or any Amazon links in my posts for all your Amazon purchases. When you place an order, it won’t cost you anything extra, and I will earn a small commission which helps me afford the groceries to develop my recipes and pay for the maintenance of this site. Thank you in advance for your consideration and support!