Build Your Own Tofu Scramble: what ingredients will you add to your protein-rich breakfast? The possibilities are endless!
You’ve probably seen omelet bars at fancy brunches where you select your ingredients and the chef makes you a custom dish.
So I thought, why not do the same thing at home with a tofu scramble?
The base ingredients are the same, but you can choose your vegetables and toppings and make it your own!
Personally, my favorite scramble ingredients are mushrooms and spinach. But you may like tomatoes and olives. No problem! The method for making this breakfast is the same.
Here are some ideas for what you can add to your scramble:
And the list goes on and on!
For this recipe, I used garlic, onions, mushrooms, spinach, and avocado. What ingredients will you choose?
Which tofu scramble ingredients are your favorites? Please let me know in the comments!
Or you can follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me your tofu scramble!
Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen.
In addition, you can post your photos on the Facebook page Veggies Save The Day.
Looking for something a little different? Try the VeganEgg!
Have a delicious breakfast!
Yields 4 servings
Build Your Own Tofu Scramble using your favorite ingredients! I used onion, garlic, mushrooms, and spinach, but you can leave out any of these or add your own favorites such as tomatoes, bell peppers, and olives.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- Olive oil, for sautéing
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup white or brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup spinach leaves, roughly chopped, or baby spinach leaves
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu, drained and squeezed to remove excess liquid
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- A few pinches Kala Namak (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced green onions
- Hot sauce
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in a little olive oil over medium heat. (Or use water or vegetable broth instead of oil.)
- Once the onions are translucent, add the mushrooms and spinach. Saute until the mushrooms are soft and the spinach is wilted.
- Crumble the tofu over the vegetables and add the turmeric, nutritional yeast, and Kala Namak (if using), and salt and pepper. Stir well to combine. Cook until the tofu is heated through.
- Enjoy topped with sliced avocado, green onion, ketchup, or hot sauce.