This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. Thank you for supporting Veggies Save The Day!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RotelHoliday #CollectiveBias
This Guacamole Christmas Wreath Appetizer is perfect for holiday parties. Not only does it look festive, it’s delicious and easy to make.
I love cheerful holiday foods!
Some of my favorite recipes include those in this collection of Unique Christmas Recipes.
And who doesn’t like guacamole?
So when I wanted to make a savory dip perfect for merry gatherings, I thought to myself, what could be better than a big bowl of guacamole?
A Guacamole Christmas Wreath Appetizer!
Guacamole is one of my favorite things to eat.
And I’m always tweaking my recipe for guacamole to try to make it perfect.
Well, my friends, I think I have finally done it, thanks to RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies.
Adding drained RO*TEL really takes guacamole to the next level.
It gives it a little kick of bold flavor, but it’s not so spicy that it overpowers the avocado.
You may be familiar with their Famous Queso Dip, but there are so many ways you can add it RO*TEL to recipes for some zest.
For more RO*TEL holiday inspiration, check out these recipes.
All the ingredients you’ll need to make this Guacamole Christmas Wreath Appetizer are easy to find.
I went to my local Walmart and picked up everything I needed, including RO*TEL.
And if you want to mix things up a bit, they also have Mild and Hot flavors in addition to the Original I used.
This guacamole contains the following ingredients:
RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
Then for garnishing the Christmas Wreath Appetizer, I used some cilantro leaves and cherry tomatoes.
And don’t forget to buy some tortilla chips or vegetables for serving.
Turning guacamole into a Christmas Wreath Appetizer is really quick and easy.
You don’t need any special equipment, just a shallow serving bowl and a small bowl to form a mold.
Take the small bowl and place it in the center of the large bowl.
Then spoon the guacamole around the “ring” until it forms the shape of a wreath.
Next, carefully remove the small bowl from the center.
Don’t worry if your fingers mess up the shape a little.
You can smooth out the guacamole to correct for any little imperfections.
Then add your garnishes and get ready to impress your guests with your Guacamole Christmas Wreath Appetizer!
Gather your family and friends around the fire this holiday season and cozy up with a Guacamole Christmas Wreath Appetizer and other favorites.
This festive platter will be the perfect addition to your holiday menu.
A warm bowl of Vegan Taco Soup would be wonderful, too.
And don’t forget the Mexican Hot Chocolate!
Enjoy this Guacamole Christmas Wreath Appetizer and have a wonderful holiday season!
Guacamole Christmas Wreath Appetizer
- 6 ripe avocados
- 2 cans RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies (10 ounces each) drained well
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- salt to taste
- cherry tomatoes and cilantro leaves for garnish
- tortilla chips or vegetables for serving
- Pit and peel the avocados and place them in a large bowl. Coarsely mash them with a fork or potato masher.
- Add the drained cans of RO*TEL, lime juice, red onion, garlic, cumin, and chopped cilantro to the avocados and mix well.
- Taste and add salt, as needed.
- Place a small bowl in the middle of a larger shallow bowl to form a mold for the guacamole Christmas wreath.
- Spoon the guacamole into the larger bowl around the small bowl to form the wreath shape.
- Carefully remove the small bowl from the middle so you have a ring or wreath of guacamole.
- Garnish the guacamole wreath with cherry tomatoes and cilantro leaves. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables and enjoy!