Creamy chocolate vegan fudge is a no-bake treat that's easy to make with only 2 ingredients. No double boiler or special equipment required. And it's just as delicious as traditional fudge.
No bake sweets like pumpkin balls and vegan rice crispy treats are perfect for the holidays. You can make them for friends, family, or just yourself with minimal effort.
Vegan fudge is another favorite that tastes as decadent and chocolaty as the traditional version and is easy to prepare. Simply melt chocolate chips with store-bought vegan sweetened condensed milk, pour into a pan, and refrigerate until set.
Perfect for Christmas treats, homemade gifts, or just because!
Why you'll love this recipe
- You only need 2 ingredients and 10 minutes of active time to make it.
- It keeps for 2 weeks or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- You don't need any special equipment like a double boiler or candy thermometer.
Sweetened condensed coconut milk: A replacement for dairy-based sweetened condensed milk. Made with coconut milk and sugar.
For the complete list of ingredients with measurements plus recipe instructions, please see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the chocolate chops and sweetened condensed coconut milk to a medium saucepan.
- Warm over low heat, stirring, until the chocolate is melted and combined with the milk.
- Pour into the pan, smooth out, and let set in the refrigerator before cutting into squares.
The mixture will be thick and may be difficult to spread in the pan. Shake it back and forth and use a rubber spatula to even it out as best you can.
- Use Sweetened Condensed Oat Milk in place of the Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Add toppings like chopped walnuts, shredded coconut, vegan sprinkles, crushed vegan peppermint candy canes, or a sprinkle of coarse sea salt before refrigerating the fudge to set.
While vegan fudge can be enjoyed any time of the year, it's particularly popular around holidays like Christmas. Besides serving it for dessert, it makes a thoughtful homemade gift.
Enjoy it with hot beverages like coffee, tea, or even hot chocolate.
Storing and freezing
Store the fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
For tips on freezing, refer to USDA Freezing and Food Safety.
If you don't want to purchase vegan sweetened condensed milk, or it's unavailable where you live, you can make your own by simmering full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream and cane sugar until thick.
Look for chocolate chips that do not contain dairy products. Some popular brands are Enjoy Life, Trader Joe's, Kroger Simple Truth Organic® Semi-Sweet Vegan Chocolate Chips, 365 by Whole Foods Organic Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips, and NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Allergen Free Semi-Sweet Morsels.
If you would like to make this vegan fudge in a microwave instead of on the stove, add the chocolate chips to a large microwave safe bowl. Pour the vegan sweetened condensed milk over the chips. Microwave for 60 seconds, then stir the mixture. Microwave for 60 more seconds and stir again. Continue to microwave at 30 second intervals until the chocolate has completely melted and combined with the milk.
Traditional fudge is made with butter and milk, making it not suitable for vegans.
More dessert recipes
And for even more recipes, join the Vegan Mediterranean Diet Recipes Facebook group for support, inspiration, and fun.
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars! ★★★★★
Vegan Fudge (2 Ingredient Recipe!)
- 2½ cups vegan chocolate chips
- 11.25 ounces sweetened condensed coconut milk
- Line an 8 inch by 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed coconut milk in a medium saucepan.
- Over low heat, stir constantly until the chocolate chips are melted and fully combined with the milk.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the lined baking pan. Use a rubber spatula to spread it out as evenly as you can.
- Cover and refrigerate the pan for at least 2 hours to set.
- Pull up the parchment paper to remove the fudge from the pan. Use a sharp knife to cut it into 4 equal pieces. Then cut each of those pieces into 9 so you end up with 36 pieces. Enjoy right away or refrigerate for later.
Nutritional information is an estimation only.