Small Batch Brownies are easy to bake in your air fryer when you want a sweet treat. There’s no need to make your kitchen hot from the oven. And these brownies are vegan with gluten-free and oil-free options.
Did you know you make desserts in an air fryer?
I admit I never would have thought of trying it until I saw my friend Kathy Hester’s cookbook Vegan Cooking in Your Air Fryer: 75 Incredible Comfort Food Recipes with Half the Calories.
You may be thinking to yourself, why would I want to make dessert in my air fryer?
I have two reasons:
- The air fryer doesn’t heat up your kitchen like your oven does. So during the peak of summer, you can bake your favorite treats and stay comfortable.
- Using the air fryer is a good way to control portion size. Sometimes I don’t want a whole cake or pan of brownies tempting me for days.
It’s amazing what you can make in an air fryer!
But don’t worry if you don’t have much experience using an air fryer.
Kathy breaks it down and answers all the questions you may have.
I’ve tried several recipes from the book in addition to the Small Batch Brownies
Some of my favorites are the Crunchy Cajun Chickpeas, Becky Striepe’s Magic Avocado Fries, and Lime Corn on the Cobb.
And I’m really looking forward to trying the Potato Kofta with an Easy Creamy Curry Sauce (Aloo Kofta), Crispy Coconut Tofu Nuggets, and Battered Onion Rings.
Another thing I love about Vegan Cooking in Your Air Fryer is that most of the recipes can be made gluten-free and oil-free.
Small Batch Brownies are easy to make gluten-free and oil-free.
I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour and didn’t need to make any adjustments to the recipe.
And as my mix-in, I added Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips.
I also added a dusting of powdered sugar after I removed the baking dish from my Philips Air Fryer.
Now let’s make Small Batch Brownies In Your Air Fryer!
Small Batch Brownies
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup aquafaba
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of any one or a combination of the following:
- chopped walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, mini vegan chocolate chips, shredded coconut
- Mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl. Then mix the wet ingredients in a large measuring cup. Add the wet to the dry and mix well.
- Add in the mix-in(s) of your choice and mix again.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees (or as close as your air fryer gets). Either spray some oil on a 5-inch cake or pie round pan (or a loaf pan that fits in your air fryer), or line it with parchment paper to keep it completely oil-free.
- Place the pan in the fryer basket. Cook for 20 minutes. If the middle is not well set or a knife doesn't come out clean when stuck in the middle cook for 5 minutes more and repeat as needed. The time may vary depending on the size pan and your particular air fryer.