This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. Thank you for supporting Veggies Save The Day!
Cauliflower Curry Grill Packets with Yogurt Sauce are as fun to make as they are to eat! This delicious vegan and gluten-free recipe is from Vegan Yack Attack On The Go! by Jackie Sobon.
If you’ve ever thought you couldn’t grill out as a vegan since you don’t eat meat, this recipe will change your mind.
Not only are Cauliflower Curry Grill Packets a complete meal, you won’t have to worry about your food touching non-vegan food that’s next to yours on the barbecue.
Cooking your food in individual aluminum foil packets is such a clever idea, I just had to share it with you.
And I absolutely love the combination of cauliflower, potatoes, chickpeas, tomatoes and peas in a light curry.
Plus the yogurt sauce is the perfect addition.
(You can enter to win a copy of Vegan Yack Attack On The Go! at the end of this post!)
Vegan Yack Attack On The Go! is sure to become your new favorite cookbook.
You may already have Jackie’s first book Vegan Bowl Attack!
One of my favorite recipes from that book is the Spicy Sushi Bowl.
In the new book, Jackie of Vegan Yack Attack shares more of her easy-to-follow recipes along with her beautiful photography.
But instead of meals in bowls, the focus is on recipes that can be made in advance or are portable.
Check out the chapters and you’ll see what I’m talking about:
Chapter 1: Vegan Eating Made Easy
Chapter 2: Quick Breakfasts, Snacks, and Treats
Chapter 3: Prep-Ahead Recipes
Chapter 4: Lunch Box Stuffers
Chapter 5: Meals in 30 Minutes or Less
Chapter 6: Bulk Cooking
Chapter 7: Food on the Move
Chapter 8: Make Your Own Staples
Sounds great, doesn’t it?
But the first recipe I had to start with was the Cauliflower Curry Grill Packets with Yogurt Sauce!
I never knew how easy it is to make grill packets until I tried this dish.
Basically all you have to do is combine your ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then spoon everything onto pieces of foil.
Wrap them up, and you’re ready to grill!
You can even make them ahead of time and take them with you to a cookout.
All the components taste delicious together.
There’s no need to have a separate protein, starch, and green since all the veggies go so well together and form a complete meal.
It’s similar to the Chickpea Curry I often make, but a lightened-up version for warmer weather.
You have cauliflower, Russet potatoes, garbanzo beans, cherry tomatoes, and green peas mixed with curry powder.
Then when the vegetables are done cooking, all you need is a squeeze of lemon and a little salt and pepper.
And don’t forget the tangy Yogurt Sauce!
It’s so simple to make and adds just the right amount of flavor to this dish.
I used cashew yogurt, but coconut or soy would work well, too.
The cilantro, lime, and green onions really give it a fresh taste.
Be sure to zest your lime before you squeeze out the juice.
You can serve your Cauliflower Curry Grill Packets right in the foil with the Yogurt Sauce on the side.
Talk about easy clean up.
Both your grill and your plate will stay clean, and it’s fun to eat!
And I couldn’t forget the Berry Vodka Cocktails!
Now let’s make Cauliflower Curry Grill Packets!
Cauliflower Curry Grill Packets with Yogurt Sauce
FOR THE YOGURT SAUCE:
- 1 cup plain nondairy yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
FOR THE CURRY CAULIFLOWER:
- 1 pound cauliflower florets chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound russet potatoes diced
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed (15 ounces)
- 1½ Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1½ Tablespoons curry powder
- pinch of salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
TO MAKE THE YOGURT SAUCE:
- Place all the yogurt sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl, and stir until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
TO MAKE THE CURRY CAULIFLOWER:
- Preheat the grill to roughly 400ºF (204ºC). In a very large mixing bowl, place the cauliflower, potatoes, white onions, tomatoes, peas, and chickpeas. Drizzle coconut oil over the top of the veggies, and stir until coated. Add the curry powder and a pinch of salt and pepper, and stir again until evenly coated.
- Tear out 4 pieces of aluminum foil that are 12 x 18 inches (30 x 46 cm), and lay them out. Divide the curry cauliflower mixture between the 4 sheets, place it in the middle. Fold the two long sides in toward the middle, and fold the seam together until it hits the filling. Fold the two short sides in, twice, to seal the ends.
- Place each packet on the grill and cook for 7 minutes, flip them over and grill for an additional 7 minutes. Carefully, open one packet slightly, and poke the cauliflower and potatoes to see if they are tender. If not, cook until they are. Once cooked through, place the packets on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before opening and serving. When the packets are opened, squeeze lemon juice over each one, and top with salt and pepper. Serve packets alongside yogurt sauce and enjoy.