Green Pepper Salad with Tomatoes is a delicious summer recipe. It's easy to make this vegan salad with only 6 ingredients in 15 minutes.
But this versatile vegetable deserves to take center stage from time to time, like in this Mediterranean-inspired Green Pepper Salad. The rest of the cast includes ripe tomatoes, briny green olives, and herbaceous fresh parsley.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It only requires 6 ingredients (plus salt and pepper) and is ready to eat in under 15 minutes.
- It's a delicious way to enjoy green bell peppers.
- It can be easily customized to suit your tastes.
- Tomatoes: Any variety can be used, but I recommend heirloom tomatoes if they are available.
- Green bell peppers
- Green olives
- Fresh parsley: Italian flat leaf or curly.
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
For the complete list of ingredients with measurements plus recipe instructions, please see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
To make Green Pepper Salad, simply combine the ingredients in a bowl and toss well to combine. You can enjoy it right away or refrigerate it for later.
This recipe is easy to customize to suit your tastes.
- Try different varieties of tomatoes such as salad tomatoes, Roma, or cherry tomatoes, or use other colors like yellow or orange.
- If you don't care for green olives, use black or Kalamata olives in their place, or simply omit them.
- Add cubed avocado.
- Use different fresh herbs such as fresh dill or basil.
- Add other raw veggies to the salad such as cucumbers or onions.
As you may imagine, Green Pepper Salad pairs well with a variety of other dishes. I particularly enjoy it with some crusty Bread SRSLY vegan gluten-free sourdough bread. And it's wonderful with your favorite pasta or grilled dishes.
Leftover salad can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
As members of the nightshade family, green bell peppers, also known as capsicum, are unripe. That's why they aren't as sweet as the other colors like red.
Compared to red bell peppers, green are less sweet and have a slightly bitter flavor. This makes them pair especially well with sweet tomatoes.
While red contains the most nutrients since it's the ripest, according to Healthline's article Bell Peppers 101: Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits, a green bell pepper contains only 31 calories yet has 169% of the recommended dietary allowance of vitamin C. And they are high in vitamins and minerals including folate, potassium, and vitamins A, B6, E, and K1. In addition, bell peppers help prevent anemia and protect eye health.
More easy salad recipes
And for even more recipes, join the Vegan Mediterranean Diet Recipes Facebook group for support, inspiration, and fun.
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars! ★★★★★
Green Pepper Salad with Tomatoes
- 2 cups tomatoes, (heirloom varieties work especially well) cut in cubes
- 1 cup green bell peppers, cut in cubes
- 1 cup green olives, (with pimientos, such as Spanish Manzanilla)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and toss well.
- Enjoy right away or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional information is an estimation only.
Want to learn the 5 Secrets to Cooking the Vegan Mediterranean Diet Way? Join the the FREE 5-day mini course and get the secrets delivered to your inbox.