Vegan Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad is a plant-based version of the classic dish. The cubes of feta are actually tofu, making this a high-protein salad. It’s the perfect healthy recipe when tomatoes, cucumbers, and basil are in season.
Ever since I started making Greek Millet Salad, I’ve been obsessed with tofu feta.
I know it doesn’t taste exactly like dairy cheese, but it has its own appeal.
Besides snacking on the flavorful cubes, I love adding them to vegetable salads.
And that’s why I decided to share this Vegan Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad with you.
Vegan Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad is simple to make and holds up well in the refrigerator.
The key to this recipe is making the tofu feta in advance since it needs time to marinate.
While two hours is enough, I highly recommend adding the cubes of tofu to the coconut vinegar, dried oregano, and salt a day or two ahead of time.
If you’re not familiar with coconut vinegar, check out the article what you need to know about coconut vinegar.
I add the ingredients to a glass container with a tight-fitting lid, or you can use a resealable zipper bag.
Then simply place it in the refrigerator.
The tofu gets more flavorful the longer it sits.
And when you’re ready to make the Vegan Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad, simply remove the cubes from the marinade and place them in a bowl.
Add the tomatoes, cucumbers, olive oil, vinegar, and fresh basil, and it’s time to eat!
The leftovers taste great the next day, too.
Vegan Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad is perfect as a light lunch or a starter.
Try it at your next barbecue, or alongside pizza or pasta.
Vegan Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad goes well with a wide variety of dishes.
Now let’s make Vegan Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad!
Vegan Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad
For the Tofu Feta:
For the salad:
- 1 dry pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, (or 2-3 Persian cucumbers) sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh basil leaves
- To prepare the Tofu Feta, place the tofu cubes in a resealable glass container or zipper bag. Add the coconut vinegar, oregano, and salt. Seal the container, then gently shake to combine. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight for maximum flavor.
- When you're ready to make the salad, add the Tofu Feta, tomatoes, and cucumbers to a salad bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss to combine.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.