Whenever I have a lot of tomatoes, especially at the end of summer when cherry tomatoes are overflowing my counter, I turn to this recipe. I say “recipe”, but it’s really more of a technique. You don’t need to measure any of the ingredients, and it’s okay if you get a different result every time. This is really my favorite kind of recipe!
So keep your measuring cups and spoons in the drawer, get out your pasta of choice, and get ready to roast some tomatoes and garlic! Your kitchen is going to smell amazing.
Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and Garlic
- Cherry tomatoes or small tomatoes, one dry pint or more, cut in half or quartered, depending on the size
- Garlic cloves, as many as you like (at least 2 or 3), roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Pasta (12-16 oz, package), any shape
- Fresh basil, if available
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a glass pan with foil (easy cleanup!) and add your tomatoes and garlic. Toss with olive oil and salt (use your hands!)
- Once oven is heated, roast the tomatoes and garlic until nicely browned. Your kitchen will smell heavenly!
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.When pasta is done, drain and return to pot.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic along with all the liquid from the pan.
- Toss well to coat pasta. Taste and add salt as needed. Add fresh basil and enjoy!