White Wine Roasted Vegetables get a boost of flavor while using less oil. Combine your favorite seasonal vegetables with dry white wine, garlic, and rosemary for a delicious side dish perfect for the holidays or any night!
Do you ever cook with wine?
I used to shy away from recipes using wine because I thought it was too expensive to add to dishes.
But now that I know I can get great deals at Grocery Outlet, I’ve started experimenting more.
In fact, they even have special 20% off wine sales!
I’ll be stocking up on my favorites so I can make dishes like White Wine Roasted Vegetables.
Why cook with wine?
Adding your favorite wines to recipes adds extra flavor along with moisture.
And forget about buying “cooking wine”.
I highly recommend cooking with wine that you would actually drink.
After all, you want your food to taste as delicious as possible.
If you think about dishes you might normally add a splash of water or vegetable broth to, you can try adding wine instead.
But be sure they are dishes that cook for a while so that the alcohol cooks off.
For example, try using a dry wine to deglaze the plan when making mushroom gravy.
I went shopping at Grocery Outlet and purchased the wine and organic produce used to make White Wine Roasted Vegetables.
I was very happy with the quality and cost.
Plus you can’t beat 20% off their already low prices on wine!
For this recipe, I recommend purchasing a dry white wine, such as a Chardonnay.
And since you only need a cup for this recipe, you’ll have plenty left to enjoy a glass or two!
White Wine Roasted Vegetables is a perfect dish for holiday entertaining.
Besides White Wine Roasted Vegetables, you can also use wine in a variety of dishes.
I’m also excited to continue experimenting with cooking with wine by trying some other recipes such as Red Wine Mushrooms, Roasted Cauliflower Piccata, Lemon Herb Tofu Fingers, and Cauliflower Scampi in Lemon Garlic White Wine Sauce.
Looks like I better run over to Grocery Outlet and pick up some more wine!
Now let’s make White Wine Roasted Vegetables!
White Wine Roasted Vegetables
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 yellow potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 8 Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine, (such as Chardonnay)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with the olive oil, white wine, rosemary, salt, and pepper to coat.
- Spread the vegetables in a large baking dish (or two) in a single layer.
- Roast the vegetables for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until they are tender and lightly browned, and the wine is evaporated.
- Adjust the seasonings to taste and enjoy!
Get your FREE ebook Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes & Tips