Quinoa Vegetable Salad is colorful and delicious. It’s perfect as a side dish or healthy lunch. This salad is naturally vegan and gluten-free with the option to make it oil-free.
Do you ever have a hard time deciding what to make for lunch?
I know I do.
Whether you bring your lunch to work or school, or eat it at home, this recipe is sure to please.
Containing lots of fiber and protein to keep you satisfied, it’s full of nutrients, yet very little fat. And you can even leave out the oil entirely.
Have you heard the expression “Eat the Rainbow”? This Quinoa Vegetable Salad fits the bill!
For this recipe, I chose purple cabbage, orange carrots, red bell pepper, and green onions.
However, feel free to use your favorite colorful vegetables.
Some others options include broccoli, cauliflower (purple, green, or orange would be especially beautiful), red onions, and cherry tomatoes.
Or get your kids involved and have them pick out some vegetables they would like to try the next time you go shopping.
Quinoa Vegetable Salad is quick to make and can be eaten right away or refrigerated and enjoyed later.
I like to make quinoa in my Instant Pot using the this method.
But you can also cook it on the stove according to the package directions.
I also prefer to rinse the quinoa before cooking it to remove the natural coating.
If you enjoy Quinoa Vegetable Salad, check out these other quinoa recipes:
Now let’s make Quinoa Vegetable Salad!
Quinoa Vegetable Salad
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed and cooked according to package directions, cooled
- 1 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup purple cabbage diced
- 1/2 cup green onions sliced
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in large bowl. Toss well.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.