Quinoa is so versatile, it should be a staple in everyone’s pantry. Besides being loaded with protein and nutrients, it’s quite tasty. I like to eat it in a Rainbow Confetti Quinoa Salad.
Do you ever have a hard time deciding what to make for lunch? I know I do. Whether you bring your lunch to work or school, or eat it at home, this recipe is sure to please. Containing lots of fiber and protein to keep you satisfied, it’s full of nutrients, yet very little fat. It’s also great as a side dish with a sandwich or bowl of soup.
Rainbow Confetti Quinoa Salad
Makes 2 meal-size salads or 4 side salad.
- I cup quinoa, rinsed and cooked according to package directions, cooled
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup purple cabbage, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- Combine quinoa, bell pepper, carrots, cabbage, and green onions in large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, maple syrup, cumin, cayenne, and salt.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy quinoa? Please let me know in the comments!
Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me which recipes you’re making from the blog! Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen.
Please click through the Amazon banner ad or any Amazon links in my posts for all your Amazon purchases. When you place an order, it won’t cost you anything extra, and I will earn a small commission which helps me afford the groceries to develop my recipes and pay for the maintenance of this site. Thank you in advance for your consideration and support!
Don’t forget to pin it for later!