Marinated Artichoke Hearts Pasta Salad is a quick and delicious recipe you can make in under 30 minutes. It's easy to customize with your favorite veggies, and the marinade from the artichokes does double duty as the dressing.
If you like easy, low-waste recipes, this Marinated Artichoke Hearts Pasta Salad is for you. There's no need to make your own dressing when the liquid from the jar of marinated artichokes is already the perfect combination of oil, vinegar, and seasonings.
Simply choose a short pasta, grab a jar of artichoke hearts, and select your favorite vegetables, then you're ready to make this summer dish.
Why you'll love this recipe
- You don't need to make a separate dressing.
- It's easy to customize with whatever vegetables you have on hand.
- It's ready in under 30 minutes.
- Short pasta (I use gluten-free penne)
- Frozen peas
- Button mushrooms
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Black olives
- Jarred marinated artichoke hearts with the liquid
- Salt and pepper
Other than pasta and marinated artichoke hearts, you can add whatever ingredients you like for this recipe. Here are some ideas:
- Red bell peppers
- Green onions or red onion
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Pine nuts
- Fresh herbs like basil, parsley, or oregano
For the complete list of ingredients with measurements plus recipe instructions, please see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
😋 FREE Instant Flavor Guide!
No more boring meals for you!
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool the noodles.
- Transfer the cooled pasta to a large bowl. Add the vegetables, marinated artichoke hearts, and the liquid from the jar.
- Toss well to combine. Refrigerate the salad until you're ready to serve.
Marinated Artichoke Hearts Pasta Salad is a lighter alternative to typical pasta salads loaded with mayo. But it pairs well with the same sorts of foods.
Pasta salad can be made in advance and refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Short pasta shapes such as penne, rotini, and fusilli are best for pasta salad.
While cooked pasta should not normally be rinsed, the exception is when you are making pasta salad. Rinse it under cold water in a colander until the pasta is cool.
Canned artichoke hearts are usually packed in water. Jarred marinated artichoke hearts are packed in a marinade made with oil, vinegar, and spices. For this recipe, be sure to choose jarred marinated artichoke hearts.
More vegan artichoke recipes
And for even more recipes, join the Vegan Mediterranean Diet Recipes Facebook group for support, inspiration & fun!
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars! ★★★★★
Marinated Artichoke Hearts Pasta Salad
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse the cooked pasta with cold water until cool.
- Place the cooked pasta in a large bowl. Add in the peas, mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, and the marinated artichoke hearts along with the liquid from the jar. Toss well to combine. Taste and add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Want to save this recipe?
Nutritional information is an estimation only.