Green Bean Curry is a delicious combination of fresh vegetables, herbs and spices, and coconut milk. It’s easy to make in under 30 minutes. And it’s naturally vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free. Thank you to my friends at Minute® Ready to Serve for sponsoring this recipe.
I love curry.
There are so many different varieties of curries from all over the globe.
You can find curry on the menu in countries such as Thailand, India, England, Jamaica, and Japan.
While they each have their unique flavors, there is one thing they have in common: they all taste great with grains such as brown rice and quinoa.
But sometimes it seems like it takes longer to cook the grains than it does to make the curry. And this can be a problem when I want curry in a hurry!
That’s why I’m glad that I learned about Minute® Ready to Serve.
In just 60 seconds you can have a perfectly cooked single serving of rice to go with your meal.
It’s perfect for bringing to work or school.
And it also makes for a wholesome snack which you can eat straight out of the cup.
All you need is a microwave!
Two individual servings come in each package.
The cups and film are BPA-free, plus the rice is gluten-free and free from preservatives.
I really like Minute Ready to Serve Brown Rice & Quinoa because I enjoy the textures of these whole grains together.
The red quinoa is slightly crunchy, and the brown rice has a nice chewiness.
The unique nutty flavor compliments so many dishes.
And they look so pretty together!
It’s a delicious way to get 55 grams of whole grains into your diet, which is more than the recommended 48 grams per day.
Fiber and complex carbohydrates never tasted so good!
Green Bean Curry is easy to make with your favorite vegetables.
I used mushrooms, red bell pepper, and tomatoes in addition to the green beans, but you can use your favorites or whatever vegetables you have on hand.
The key to this flavorful dish are the spices.
I start with fresh garlic and ginger, which are staples in my house.
Then I add some spices from my pantry.
You probably keep cumin and turmeric on hand.
And for this recipe you’ll want to pick up a spice blend called Garam Masala.
It’s an aromatic combination of coriander, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and other spices.
Not only is it delicious in this curry, you’ll also find yourself adding it to other recipes once you try it.
To make Green Bean Curry, you start by quickly sauteing the garlic and ginger.
Then you add the spices and give them a stir.
Next the vegetables go in the skillet, along with the coconut milk.
Everything simmers until the vegetables are soft, which doesn’t take long at all.
Then you’re ready to eat!
And if you enjoy Green Bean Curry, you’ll want to try these other recipes that pair perfectly with Minute Ready to Serve products:
Be sure to check out the quick video to see how easy it is to make Green Bean Curry!
Now let’s make Green Bean Curry!
Green Bean Curry (Vegan)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon Garam Masala
- 3 cups fresh green beans trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces mushrooms sliced (white button or cremini)
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 can coconut milk (14 ounces)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Minute® Ready to Serve Brown Rice & Quinoa for serving
- Heat about 2 Tablespoons water in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the cumin, turmeric, and Garam Masala and give the mixture a good stir.
- Then add the green beans, mushrooms, red bell pepper, and tomatoes to the skillet.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Simmer uncovered until the vegetables have softened, stirring occasionally, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve with heated Minute® Ready to Serve Brown Rice & Quinoa.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve.