Cilantro Lime Quinoa is easy to make on the stove or in an Instant Pot pressure cooker. It's vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free. Enjoy it as a side with your favorite Mexican dishes or in a bowl with beans and vegetables.
You may have eaten Cilantro Lime Rice, but have you ever tried Cilantro Lime Quinoa?
Quinoa is a wonderful whole grain to add to your diet.
Besides being gluten-free, it's very nutritious.
In fact, while brown rice and quinoa contain about the same amount of carbohydrates per serving, quinoa contains more protein and dietary fiber.
This means that it will help you stay fuller longer.
Plus I love the texture and nutty flavor of the grain-like seeds.
My favorite way to make Cilantro Lime Quinoa is in the Instant Pot.
It really couldn't be easier.
Just add the rinsed and drained quinoa to the pot with some liquid, set the timer, and walk away.
The pressure releases naturally, and you can keep it warm as long as you like.
But don't worry if you don't have an Instant Pot.
Cooking quinoa on the stove requires very little work and only a few more minutes.
I love adding Cilantro Lime Quinoa to burrito bowls or enjoying it as a side dish with tacos.
It's delicious eaten hot or at room temperature.
Sometimes I'll have it as a quick meal with some beans, greens, and salsa.
Or I put some of the quinoa in a bowl and top it with Jackfruit & Black Bean Taco Filling, shredded cabbage, tomatoes, and guacamole.
And you can use it to make Quinoa Burrito Bowls.
And if you enjoy this quinoa recipe, check out these others:
Now let's make Cilantro Lime Quinoa!
Cilantro Lime Quinoa (Instant Pot Option)
Instant Pot method:
- Add the quinoa and 1 ¼ cup vegetable broth to the Instant Pot. Close the lid and select the manual button. Set the timer for 5 minutes.
- When the 5 minutes is up, allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Once the pressure has been released, remove the lid and stir in the lime juice, lime zest, and cilantro. Taste and add salt, as desired.
Stove top method:
- Add the quinoa and 2 cups vegetable broth to a 2-quart sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and lower the heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on.
- After 15 minutes, remove the pot from the heat. Keep covered and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in the lime juice, lime zest, and cilantro. Taste and add salt, as desired.
Nutritional information is an estimation only.Click here to download your FREE Instant Flavor guide: The 4-part formula to take your vegan meals from dull to delicious!