Homemade Vegan Greek Dressing tastes better than store-bought and is easy to make. This authentic Greek dressing recipe perfectly compliments my favorite lettuce-free salad made with fresh vegetables, Kalamata olives, and tofu feta. But it’s not just for Greek salads. This Mediterranean vinaigrette is also a wonderful marinade and sauce for roasted vegetables, grain bowls, and cold pasta.
When I think of Mediterranean diet dishes, the classic Greek Salad immediately comes to mind.
But I’m not talking about a big bowl of iceberg lettuce with a few olives thrown in.
I want fresh juicy tomatoes, cold crisp cucumbers, and a tangy dressing.
My mouth waters just thinking about it.
Fortunately this simple vinaigrette is easy to make at home.
What is Greek salad dressing made of?
You only need a few ingredients to make this vegan Greek dressing:
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
You may see other recipes that include lemon juice in addition to the vinegar.
However, when I learned to make it years ago from Greek friends, their authentic Greek dressing recipe didn’t include lemon.
But feel free to add some, if you prefer.
Since I don’t eat dairy, I like to make a vegan “feta” out of cubes of tofu.
The tofu is marinated in coconut vinegar, dried oregano, and salt to give it a tangy flavor reminiscent of the Greek soft cheese.
I love it in Mediterranean Orzo Salad.
And it pairs wonderfully with vegan Greek dressing and veggies.
Alternatively, you can purchase Violife Just Like Feta Block which is made from coconut.
Making a delicious dairy-free Greek salad is really easy:
- Start with chopped tomatoes, cucumber, green bell pepper, red onion, and Kalamata olives.
- Add Tofu Feta
- Pour over the Vegan Greek Dressing, toss well to combine, and enjoy!
You can also use this vinaigrette on roasted vegetables or pasta salad.
And for a creamy dressing, mix in a little Greek Yogurt Dressing.
Vegan salad dressings
Making your own salad dressings at home is really easy and cost effective.
If you enjoy homemade dressings, try some of these favorites:
Vegan Greek Dressing Recipe
This recipe makes about 4 servings, which is enough to make the Greek salad recipe below.
And, of course, you can easily double or triple it to make more.
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Vegan Greek Dressing
- Place the olive oil, vinegar, and oregano in a small jar or bowl.
- Shake or whisk to combine.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Shake well before serving.
Greek Salad with Tofu Feta Recipe
For the Salad:
- 1 pound tomatoes, sliced in wedges or large chunks
- 1 cup cucumbers, peeled and sliced, with slices halved
- 1 green bell pepper, diced large
- 1/2 red onion, sliced, with slices halved
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
For the Tofu Feta:
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed, and cut in cubes (Or use super-firm tofu and skip the pressing.)
- 1/4 cup coconut vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt