This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. Thank you for supporting Veggies Save The Day!
Quinoa Burrito Bowls are easy to assemble and delicious to eat. Cilantro lime quinoa, seasoned black beans, cherry tomato pico de gallo, pickled jalapenos, and diced avocado come together in a meal that’s vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free.
Do you like to make burrito bowls at home? I do!
My go-to formula is to pick a bean and a grain, then add toppings.
I used to choose rice for my bowls, until I tried adding Cilantro Lime Quinoa.
Now Quinoa Burrito Bowls are my favorite!
The inspiration for Quinoa Burrito Bowls came from one of my favorite meals at Veggie Grill.
I love their Sonoran Bowl that’s made with quinoa and black beans.
It’s topped with roasted carrots, salsa, avocado, jalapenos, and roasted red pepper sauce.
I decided to use avocado and pickled jalapeno and add cherry tomato pico de gallo.
This pico del gallo is my favorite because you can make it in minutes, and it’s fresh and flavorful.
I think you’ll enjoy the combination of tastes and textures in this bowl.
The components of Quinoa Burrito Bowls can be made in advance.
Sometimes I like to do some batch cooking on the weekends so that I can throw meals together in no time during the week.
If you want to do this, you can make the Cilantro Lime Quinoa and the black beans ahead of time.
In fact, you can even eat them cold in this bowl if you don’t feel like reheating them.
But all the elements are quick to make, so these bowls come together in about 30 minutes, making them a great weeknight dinner option.
I make the quinoa in my Instant Pot, but you can make it on the stove if you don’t have a pressure cooker.
And if you enjoy Quinoa Burrito Bowls, check out these other delicious bowl recipes:
Now let’s make Quinoa Burrito Bowls!
Quinoa Burrito Bowls (Vegan)
- 1 recipe Cilantro Lime Quinoa
For the cherry tomato pico de gallo:
- 1 dry pint cherry or grape tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper (ribs and seeds removed, if desired)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- salt to taste
For the toppings:
- sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1 avocado diced
- Prepare the Cilantro Lime Quinoa and keep warm.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the black beans and their liquid with the cumin and oregano over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the beans are hot. Taste and add salt, if desired.
- Combine the ingredients for the cherry tomato pico de gallo in a bowl and toss well.
- To assemble the burrito bowls, divide the Cilantro Lime Quinoa among four bowls. Add a quarter of the black beans to each. Top with cherry tomato pico de gallo, sliced picked jalapenos, and avocado. Enjoy!