Fresh Avocado and Tomatillo Salsa is easy to make in minutes in your food processor. Try it today with all your Mexican favorites!
During the summer you’ve probably seen tomatillos at the farmers’ market or in your CSA box.
One of my favorite ways to eat them is raw in a salsa.
By the way, did I mention that I love salsa?
And since everything is better with avocado, I decided to combine these two wonderful ingredients.
Enjoy this salsa with chips or veggies, as a tangy salad dressing, or with cooked dishes such as tacos or enchiladas.
What’s your favorite kind of salsa? Please let me know in the comments!
P.S. Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me which recipes you’re making from the blog! Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen. In addition, you can post your photos on the Facebook page Veggies Save The Day.
The only special equipment you’ll need for this recipe is a food processor. Basically all you need to do is throw all the ingredients in the food processer, blend, and enjoy!
You may also be interested in checking out my favorite guacamole recipes.
Now let’s make Avocado and Tomatillo Salsa!
Avocado & Tomatillo Salsa
- 2 cups tomatillos roughly chopped
- 2 jalapenos (or more), seeds removed (optional), diced
- 2 avocados roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup white or yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor using the pulsing button, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Taste to adjust for salt.
- Enjoy right away, or chill and let the flavors meld.