Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding is a delicious and healthy seasonal treat for both breakfast and dessert. You can layer it with fruit in the morning. Or you can top it with coconut whipped cream and chocolate chips in the evening. Which way will you choose? No matter how you serve it, Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding is sure to be a hit.
You may have noticed that I’m a big fan of chia seed pudding.
For example, I like it simply flavored and topped with tropical fruit in Green Chia Pudding.
And I also enjoy it with my favorite tea in Matcha Green Tea Chia Pudding.
It’s really easy to make different flavors.
All you need to do is combine chia seeds with a liquid, stir well, then let it set up in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight.
Therefore, I decided to make this pumpkin pie flavor to celebrate the seasonal produce.
Moreover, it works well for both breakfast and dessert, depending on what toppings you add.
This recipe is for one serving. However, you can easily make as many servings as you like at the same time.
But before we get started, here’s a shopping list of the ingredients we will need with affiliate links for your convenience:
- Medjool dates
- Organic pumpkin puree (not to be confused with pumpkin pie filling)
- Organic unsweetened soy milk (or your favorite unsweetened non-dairy milk)
- Ground cloves
- Chia seeds
- Your favorite toppings, such as fresh fruit, coconut whipped cream, or Mini chocolate chips
Now we’re ready to make Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding!
Will you top it with fruit?
Or enjoy it with coconut whip and chocolate chips?
How will you serve Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding, for breakfast or for dessert?
Food for thought (please leave a comment!):
- What are your favorite ways to enjoy pumpkin?
- Do you use the puree in other breakfast or dessert recipes?
Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me which recipes you’re making from the blog! Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen. In addition, you can post your photos on the Facebook page Veggies Save The Day.
Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
- 1-2 Medjool dates, (add more if you like your pudding sweeter)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, (organic soy, almond, or coconut)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- fruit, or other toppings, such as pomegranate seeds, kiwi berries, coconut whipped cream, or mini chocolate chips
- In a high-speed blender, blend the dates, pumpkin puree, non-dairy milk, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves until very smooth.
- In a medium bowl, add the liquid to the chia seeds.
- Stir well, and continue stirring every few minutes for about 15 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight.
- Just before serving, stir again, then add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Get your FREE eBook Vegan Mediterranean Diet Recipes