Matcha is Japanese green tea leaves that are ground into a fine powder. Instead of steeping the tea, the powder is whisked with hot water. I love matcha!
While ceremonial grade is used only for drinking as traditional tea, culinary grade is perfect for making beverages, like iced green tea lattes and nutritious smoothies. In addition you can use it in cooking, baking, and even for skin care. Not only is it delicious, I love the beautiful vibrant green color.
One of my favorite products at Natural Products Expo West 2016 was the organic Matcha I sampled from Jade Leaf Matcha. I decided to use some to flavor chia pudding. This recipe is very easy, similar to the one for Green Chia Pudding. While fresh berries go very well with the green tea, you can use whatever fruit you like. You can enjoy this pudding as a snack, dessert, or breakfast. It’s healthy and full of antioxidants.
Let’s make Matcha Green Tea Chia Pudding!
Matcha Green Tea Chia Pudding
- In a high-speed blender, blend the date, milk, and Matcha green tea until very smooth.
- In a medium bowl, add the liquid to the chia seeds.
- Stir well, and continue stirring every few minutes for about 15 minutes.
- Place in the refrigerator at least one hour, or overnight.
- Just before serving, stir again, then top with fruit.
Have you tried Matcha green tea? How do you like to enjoy it? Please let me know in the comments!
Pin it and save for later!
If you liked this recipe, you may also enjoy 22 Matcha Green Tea Recipes.