This version of Apricot Crumble is vegan and gluten-free. It’s an easy and delicious dessert you can make with only a few basic ingredients.
You may have noticed that I don’t make a ton of desserts.
Baking is a lot more scientific than cooking. When you cook, you can throw things together, a little of this, a pinch of that, and what you’re making will usually turn out great. But with baking, precise measuring and temperatures are a big factor. And it’s not something I tend to enjoy.
But I am so happy that I figured out how to make Apricot Crumble!
And I’m even more excited to share this easy vegan and gluten-free recipe with you.
Because everyone should be able to enjoy an easy-to-make delicious dessert like Apricot Crumble every now and then!
And when I say it’s easy, it really is.
All you need are a few ingredients, two bowls, a regular old fork or spoon for mixing, and a baking dish.
Then you can have a fresh seasonal dessert for four in under and hour!
I particularly like Apricot Crumble topped with a scoop of vanilla non-dairy ice cream.
But what if you have other stone fruit on hand other than apricots? You can use this same recipe to make crumble (sometimes referred to as cobbler) with other fruit such as plums, peaches, and nectarines.
I like to let the crumble sit for about 10 minutes after taking it out of the oven before serving. I wouldn’t want anyone to burn their mouth on some molten fruit!
I just love how the ice cream melts a little over the warm crumble.
If you have leftovers, you can either enjoy them straight out of the refrigerator, or pop them in the microwave to reheat.
Food for thought (please leave a comment!):
- What are your favorite desserts?
- Do you enjoy baking?
- Are you interested in seeing more dessert recipes here on Veggies Save The Day?
Now let’s make vegan and gluten-free Apricot Crumble!
For the filling
- 2 cups apricots (about 5) chopped
- 2 teaspoons organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon corn starch (or substitute arrow root)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the apricots, sugar, lemon juice, and corn starch. Stir until combined and set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine the rolled oats, oat flour, brown sugar, salt, and coconut oil. Mix with a fork until well combined.
- Add the fruit mixture to the bottom of a 24 ounce (708 mL) baking dish. Then add the oat mixture on top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until the edges start to bubble and the topping is slightly crispy.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top each serving with a scoop of vanilla non-dairy ice cream, if desired.