Spicy Mango Fried Rice is easy to make with leftover rice and a few simple ingredients. It's vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free.
Thank you to my friends at Frontier Co-op for sponsoring this post!
I love having an arsenal of easy flavorful recipes I can make any night of the week. It's especially nice when I can use up leftovers I already have in the refrigerator.
That's why I love making Spicy Mango Fried Rice.
I always save the leftover rice when I make other dishes such as stir fry. And some weeks I will make a big batch of rice in my Instant Pot to use throughout the week. You can either refrigerate it or freeze it until you need it.
And when you add spices like Organic Crushed Red Chili Flakes from Frontier Co-op, your dishes will never lack flavor.
One thing I love about using Crushed Red Chili Pepper in recipes such as Spicy Mango Fried Rice is you can add some spices at the beginning, then more when you serve the dish.
Because some people like it hot, and some people not so much!
I find when I use the Frontier Co-Op Organic Crushed Red Chili Flakes at the beginning of cooking verses adding some at the end, their flavor is slightly different. I suggest experimenting to discover which way you like it best. You really can't go wrong either way!
And of course they add a lot of flavor to Asian dishes such as stir fry and this Spicy Mango Fried Rice.
Add as little or as much Crushed Red Pepper Flakes as you like. I start with ½ teaspoon when I make Spicy Mango Fried Rice, then add more later if I want extra heat.
My rule of thumb is you can always add more, but you can't take it out!
Feel free to customize this recipe to suit your tastes and whatever ingredients you have on hand.
Don't like mango? Try pineapple instead.
Can't stand peas? Leave them out and use green beans or carrots.
No matter what you choose, #SpiceUpSummer produce with savory spices and Use Frontier Co-op to #CookWithPurpose.
Spicy Mango Fried Rice
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- ½ to 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Organic Crushed Red Chili Pepper Flakes, (adjust according to desired spice level)
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 3 cups cold rice, (I used Jasmine white rice)
- 2 Tablespoons tamari
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 mango, cubed
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- 2 green onions, sliced (for garnish)
- lime wedges, (for garnish) optional
- extra Frontier Co-op Organic Crushed Red Chili Pepper Flakes, (for serving)
- Add the rice wine vinegar.
- Saute the garlic, ginger, and crushed red chili pepper flakes for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the red bell pepper and saute a few minutes until soft. Add a little water if the pan appears dry.
- Add the cold rice and tamari. Mix well and saute until the rice is heated through.
- Add the peas, mango, and peanuts and saute until the peas are heated through.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the green onion and lime wedges, if using.
- Serve with extra crushed red chili pepper flakes for those who want some extra spice.
Nutritional information is an estimation only.
Want to learn the 5 Secrets to Cooking the Vegan Mediterranean Diet Way? Join the the FREE 5-day mini course and get the secrets delivered to your inbox.