You may have heard of this gluten-free grain, but do you know what to do with it? Studded with dried apricots and pistachios, this Mediterranean Millet Recipe is easy to make and loaded with flavor. Prepare it in your Instant Pot or on the stove in under 30 minutes!
Millet is a naturally gluten-free ancient grain. It's delicious cold or hot in all sorts of Mediterranean-inspired dishes like Greek Millet Salad and this Mediterranean Millet Recipe.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It's quick to make on the stove or in an Instant Pot.
- You only need 6 ingredients, plus salt and pepper, to make it.
- It works well as a side or a main dish.
Millet: Found in packages or in the bulk bin section of most markets. Bob's Red Mill is a popular brand to look for.
You can store uncooked millet in an airtight container on a cool, dry pantry shelf for up to 6 months or in the refrigerator or freezer for up to a year.
Don't forget to zest the lemon before squeezing the juice.
For the complete list of ingredients with measurements plus recipe instructions, please see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
🌱 5 Secrets To Cooking The Vegan Mediterranean Diet Way
Get the FREE 5-day mini email course!
- Prepare the millet in an Instant Pot electric pressure cooker or on the stove top. Add the chopped dried apricots, shelled pistachios, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, and fresh chopped parsley.
- Stir well to combine. Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Enjoy it reheated or at room temperature.
More vegan grain recipes
And for even more recipes, join the Vegan Mediterranean Diet Recipes Facebook group for support, inspiration & fun!
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars! ★★★★★
Mediterranean Millet Recipe
Instant Pot method:
- Place the millet and water in the Instant Pot and close the lid. Using the pressure cooker function on high, set the timer for 10 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally. Once the pressure has released, remove the lid.
Stove top method:
- Bring 2 cups water to boil in a small pot. Add the millet. Return to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain off any remaining water.
To make the pilaf:
- Add the apricots, pistachios, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, and parsley to the cooked millet. Gently fold the ingredients together to combine. Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
Want to save this recipe?
Nutritional information is an estimation only.
This recipe was originally published 1/24/2019. It was updated to add stove top instructions and improve reader experience.