This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. Thank you for supporting Veggies Save The Day!
Vegan Potato Corn Chowder is a delicious creamy soup that’s made in the Instant Pot. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and oil-free, and easy to make with simple ingredients.
I love making soup in the Instant Pot.
Not only is it faster, but you can walk away and do other things rather than watching a pot on the stove.
I admit I’ve been pretty obsessed with Vegan Wild Rice Soup.
In fact, I don’t mind eating it every week.
But since I thought my family might get tired of it eventually, I decided to create another creamy soup recipe.
So now on the weeks I’m not enjoying Wild Rice Soup, I’m eating Vegan Potato Corn Chowder!
All the ingredients needed to make Vegan Potato Corn Chowder may already be in your kitchen!
This soup is built on common ingredients such as onion, garlic, potatoes, and frozen corn.
I use yellow or gold potatoes, which are also my favorite for making Instant Pot mashed potatoes.
And there’s no need to peel them either.
Not only does this save time, but potatoes with their skin contain extra nutrients and fiber.
Follow a few easy steps, and you’ll be enjoying Vegan Potato Corn Chowder in no time!
1. Using the Saute function, add the onion with a little water and saute for a couple of minutes until the onion is soft.
2. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds, then add the carrots and celery.
3. Once the vegetables are slightly soft, hit the cancel button. Then add the potatoes, bay leaf, and dried thyme to the Instant Pot.
4. Add in the vegetable broth, and give the mixture a stir. Close the lid, push the manual button, and set the timer for 4 minutes.
5. Once the 4 minutes are up, quick release the pressure. Take this time to process the cashews and water in your blender to make the cashew cream. Once the pressure is released, open the lid.
6. Add the defrosted frozen corn to the soup.
7. Pour in the cashew cream.
8. Stir well, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve. Or you can keep it on the warm function until you’re ready to eat.
Making Vegan Potato Corn Chowder in the Instant Pot pressure cooker is so easy!
It’s a great warming one-pot meal that the whole family will love.
And if you’re looking for more delicious soup recipes that are quick to make, check out these favorites:
Now let’s make Vegan Potato Corn Chowder!
Vegan Potato Corn Chowder (Instant Pot)
- Push the saute button on the Instant Pot. Add the onion and a splash of water. Saute for a couple of minutes until the onion is slightly soft.
- Then add the garlic and saute for 30 more seconds.
- Next add the carrots and celery. Saute for another few minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Press the cancel button. Add the potatoes, bay leaf, thyme, and vegetable broth to the Instant Pot.
- Give the ingredients a stir to combine. Then close the lid.
- Press the manual (pressure cook) button and set the timer for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cashews and water in a high-speed blender to make the cashew cream. Blend until completely smooth.
- Once the 4 minutes is up, quick release the pressure by turning the valve. Once the pressure has been released, remove the lid.
- Add the corn to the soup and stir.
- Then pour in the cashew cream and stir the soup to combine.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste, and enjoy.