Easy Christmas Appetizer -- Guacamole Wreath
Wow your guests this holiday season when you serve this festive guacamole wreath! It's an easy Christmas appetizer that's fun to make and delicious to eat.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 6 ripe avocados
- 2 cans RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies (10 ounces each) drained well
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- salt to taste
- cherry tomatoes and cilantro leaves for garnish
- tortilla chips or vegetables for serving
Pit and peel the avocados and place them in a large bowl. Coarsely mash them with a fork or potato masher.
Add the drained cans of RO*TEL, lime juice, red onion, garlic, cumin, and chopped cilantro to the avocados and mix well.
Taste and add salt, as needed.
Place a small bowl in the middle of a larger shallow bowl to form a mold for the guacamole Christmas wreath.
Spoon the guacamole into the larger bowl around the small bowl to form the wreath shape.
Carefully remove the small bowl from the middle so you have a ring or wreath of guacamole.
Garnish the guacamole wreath with cherry tomatoes and cilantro leaves. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables and enjoy!
Nutrition facts do not include the garnishes or tortilla chips.
To store leftover guacamole in the refrigerator, follow these steps:
- In a bowl with a tight-fitting lid, pat down the guacamole with a spoon to remove any air bubbles.
- Drizzle about 1/2 and inch of lukewarm water on top of the guacamole.
- Put the lid on and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- When ready to eat, pour off the water from the top of the guacamole.
- Stir well and enjoy.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 592mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 16.1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.1mg