Pumpkin Chili (30 Minute Vegan Recipe)
Vegan Pumpkin Chili is a hearty and healthy fall meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes. It's cozy, comforting, and perfect for crisp evenings.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (to omit oil, saute in water instead)
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bell pepper (any color) chopped
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 ounces)
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes (15 ounces) diced with their liquid
- 1 can pinto beans (15 ounces) with their liquid
- 1 can black beans (15 ounces) with their liquid
- 1 can corn (15 ounces) drained (or substitute frozen defrosted corn)
- 2 Tablespoons adobo sauce from a can of chipotle chiles
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
In a large pot over medium heat, saute the onion until slightly translucent.
Add the garlic and bell pepper and saute until the bell pepper starts to soften.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
Cover the pot and simmer for 20 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
Allow the chili to rest covered for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with lime wedges, cilantro, avocado, chopped tomatoes, onions, tortilla chips, etc.
Leftover chili can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Reheat the leftovers on the stove or in the microwave.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1608mg | Potassium: 801mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 12210IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 5mg