Chickpea Cucumber Salad
Chickpea Cucumber Salad is a healthy summer recipe. It's easy to make with in 15 minutes with common ingredients, and it's delicious as a starter or light meal. And you can make this Mediterranean chickpea salad in advance and enjoy it throughout the week.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) 15 ounces (1 1/2 cups) rinsed and drained
- 1 small cucumber or 1/2 English cucumber, sliced lengthwise, seeds removed, and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup pitted black olives
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Add the dressing ingredients to a small bottle with a lid. Shake until well combined.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
Keep the salad refrigerated until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Leftovers can be refrigerated for a few days.
Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 848mg | Potassium: 485mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1030IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 2.3mg