Corn Tomato Salad
Corn Tomato Salad combines the best tastes of summer. It's loaded with grilled corn, juicy tomatoes, sweet onions, and aromatic basil.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 ears corn grilled, kernels cut off the cob (See Notes)
- 3 cups tomatoes roughly chopped (or halved or quartered if using cherry tomatoes)
- 1/2 sweet onion (Maui, Walla Walla, or Vidalia) sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced lengthwise, seeds removed, and sliced into half moons
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil leaves for garnish
In a large salad bowl, combine the corn kernels, tomatoes, onion, and cucumber.
Drizzle over the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Toss well to combine.
Add the salt and pepper, to taste, and garnish with the fresh basil leaves.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to eat.
If you can't find fresh corn, you can substitute 2 1/4 cups of defrosted frozen corn for the 3 ears in this recipe.
To grill the corn, use one of the following methods:
Cover and refrigerate any leftover salad. Consume within a couple of days.
- Grill the corn on each side right in the husk. Remove the husk and silk once the cobs are cool enough to handle.
- Brush shucked corn with a little olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Wrap them in aluminum foil and grill on each side.
- Brush shucked corn with a little olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place directly on the grill and grill on each side until lightly charred. This is my preferred method.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 646mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1265IU | Vitamin C: 25.5mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg