Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Sauce is a delicious alternative to traditional pasta. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free. And it comes together in under 30 minutes.
This post was sponsored by Green Giant as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. All opinions expressed in my post are my own.
We eat a lot of pasta in my house, but sometimes I want something lighter.
Green Giant® Veggie Spirals are a great choice because they're made with 100% vegetables and have up to 90% fewer calories than traditional spaghetti.
I love keeping them in my freezer for when I want a quick and easy meal but don't want to break out my spiralizer.
Green Giant® Veggie Spirals come in four varieties: butternut squash, carrots, beets, and zucchini.
I love that each one is 100% vegetables making them a great vegan and gluten-free choice.
And they are really easy to use.
For the zucchini noodles, I simply added them to a covered skillet over medium-high heat. I tossed them a few times, and after about 10 minutes they were heated though.
Make sure you drain the veggie spirals well since a lot of water cooks out of zucchini. I like to pat them with kitchen towels to remove any excess water.
Zucchini Noodles are delicious with all sorts of sauces, but I especially like them with Avocado Sauce.
If you're not a fan of avocado, you could top them with a simple pesto sauce or tomato sauce.
Or you can eat the veggie noodles cold in a salad.
They would also be a delicious addition to soup.
And of course you can simply enjoy them as a side dish with some simple seasoning.
Making Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Sauce is really easy.
First you cook the frozen veggie spirals according to the package directions.
I like to make them in a skillet, but you can also prepare them in a microwave.
The key is to make sure you drain out the excess liquid since zucchini has a high water content.
While the zucchini noodles are cooking, you can make the avocado sauce in your food processor.
All you need to do is add the ingredients and pulse until blended, scraping down the sides of the processor bowl as needed.
The sauce will be slightly chunky. You should see pieces of basil leaves in it.
Then you add the sauce to the noodles and toss well to coat.
Add your favorite toppings, and you're ready to eat!
Now let's make Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Sauce!
Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Sauce
- 1 package Green Giant® Veggie Spirals™ Zucchini
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup fresh basil, tough stems removed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cherry tomatoes, quartered
- corn, (fresh or frozen defrosted)
- toasted pine nuts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the frozen zucchini spirals and cover the skillet with a lid. Saute for 10-11 minutes until the zucchini is heated though and most of the water is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Drain well to remove any excess water. Then pat dry with paper towels.
- While the zucchini is cooking, prepare the Avocado Sauce by placing all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse, scraping down the sides of the processor bowl as necessary, until the ingredients are blended but still chunky. You should still see pieces of basil leaves in the sauce.
- Add the Avocado Sauce to the dried zucchini spirals in a bowl. Toss well to coat. Add any desired optional toppings and enjoy!