- 1 can cannellini beans, (white kidney beans) drained, reserve 2 Tablespoons of liquid from the can of beans
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sumac, for garnish (optional)
- assorted vegetables, for serving
Add the beans, 2 tablespoons of the reserved bean liquid, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper to a food processor.
Process until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Transfer the bean dip to a covered container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Before serving, give the dip a stir and sprinkle with a little sumac, if desired. Serve with assorted vegetables for dipping.
Be sure to reserve two tablespoons of the liquid from the can of beans before rinsing them.
Leftover dip will last covered and refrigerated for 2-3 days.
Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 19mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1.7mg
Get your FREE ebook Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes & Tips