Vegan Deviled Purple Potatoes from The Ghoulish Gourmet by Kathy Hester
Halloween Vegan Deviled Purple Potatoes is just one of the festive recipes in Kathy Hester's The Ghoulish Gourmet. No need for eggs in this healthy recipe!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1.5 pounds small red, yellow or purple potatoes (24 ounces) rinsed well
- 1 package firm or extra firm tofu (about 1 pound – some containers weigh a little less)
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon black salt or kala namak (or regular kosher salt, to taste)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ cup sliced olives stuffed with pimentos
Add the potatoes to a stockpot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then turn to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until you can pierce the potato easily with a fork. Drain, rinse with cool water and set aside until cool.
Combine the drained tofu, mayo, mustard and salt in a bowl. Mash the tofu and mix well.
Cut the cooled potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out circular holes using a melon baller or small spoon. Spoon some tofu salad into each hole and top with a pimento-stuffed olive slice.
Recipe by Kathy Hester from The Ghoulish Gourmet: A Bewitching Collection of Vegan Halloween Recipes copyright 2016 printed with permission.
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 5.9mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg