- 4 cups shaved Brussels sprouts, (See Notes)
- 2 apples, cored and chopped (I used Pink Pearl, but any firm apple will work.)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- salt, to taste
Combine the shaved Brussels sprouts, apples, cranberries, and walnuts in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, and salt together with a fork.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat.
To shred the Brussels sprouts:
Leftover salad can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Slice off the tough ends of the sprouts.
- Cut them in half lengthwise.
- Position the halves cut side down and slice them vertically into thin shreds.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 531mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 715IU | Vitamin C: 84.9mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1.9mg
Get your FREE eBook Vegan Mediterranean Diet Recipes