- 1 box short pasta, (12-16 ounces) such as penne (I use Barilla gluten free penne)
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil, for sauteing
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch swiss chard, any color, cut into ribbons
- salt, to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and stir about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
Add the chard and a pinch of salt and saute until the chard is tender and reduced in size.
Combine the chard with the cooked pasta, adding reserved pasta water as needed. Taste and add more salt, if desired. Serve immediately.
You can save dishes by cooking the chard in the same pot you used to prepare the pasta.
Calories: 464kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 167mg | Potassium: 535mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4605IU | Vitamin C: 22.9mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 2.8mg
Get your FREE eBook Vegan Mediterranean Diet Recipes