Vegan Curried Chicken Salad reminds me of a classic dish I grew up with but made with soy curls. It’s easy to make and gluten-free!
The scent of curry powder reminds me of my mother’s chicken salad. Do certain food smells bring back your childhood memories?
One thing I loved about the salad was that she used green grapes in it instead of raisins. And the sauce of mayonnaise mixed with curry powder made the chicken really flavorful.
Unfortunately I don’t have my mom’s old recipe, but the version I made seems like a very close substitute. But now that I don’t eat chicken, I used my favorite substitute: soy curls!
Have you tried soy curls? Check out 7 Must-Try Soy Curls Recipes for information including where to purchase them. If you’re like me, once you start cooking with soy curls, you’ll always want to keep a few bags in the pantry.
This Vegan Curried Chicken Salad is easy to make and will keep well for several days. I like adding a couple of scoops to a simple green salad, using it as a filling for sandwiches, wraps, or lettuce cups, or simply eating on its own.
Vegan Curried Chicken Salad
- Soak the soy curls in a bowl of water for 10 minutes. Drain and squeeze out the excess water.
- Cook the soy curls in a skillet with a drizzle of oil over medium heat until lightly browned. Remove from heat to cool.
- Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, and salt in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place the soy curls, grapes, and celery in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise mixture and toss to combine until the soy curls are well coated.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Get your FREE eBook Vegan Mediterranean Diet Recipes
What’s your favorite salad or dish from your childhood? Please let me know in the comments, and I’ll try to make a vegan version of it for you. Even if you’re not vegan, a plant-based version will be perfect for Meatless Mondays!
Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me which recipes you’re making from the blog! Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen.