Vegan Cold Cucumber Soup is light and refreshing when it's too hot to cook. This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free and very quick to make.
Thank you to Pacific Foods for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
During the hot summer months, the last thing I want to do is stand over a hot stove to make a meal.
And sometimes it's even too warm to eat hot foods.
But now I have a new recipe to add to my collection.
Vegan Cold Cucumber Soup made with Pacific Foods Hemp Plant-Based Beverage will help you stay "cool as a cucumber" when it's time to eat.
Pacific Foods products are staples in my kitchen.
I always keep a variety of their shelf-stable plant-based beverages in my pantry.
From soy to coconut to cashew, they make dairy-free varieties that are perfect for cooking, baking, or enjoying in beverages or with cereal.
I decided to use Pacific Foods Unsweetened Hemp Non-Dairy Beverage to make Vegan Cold Cucumber Soup.
You may have heard of the many health benefits of hemp, and the mild nutty taste is delicious in savory dishes.
Plus consuming the beverage is a great way to add omega-3 fatty acids to your diet.
Before peeling the cucumbers to make Vegan Cold Cucumber Soup, be sure to slice off the ends.
This is tip I learned from Epicurious.
Previously I couldn't understand why sometimes I ended up with bitter cucumbers, which will really ruin your soup.
I had always peeled them first and then cut off the ends.
But now I know the trick: slice off the ends, then peel the cucumbers.
Once you've done this, slice the cucumbers in half lengthwise, then scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
This makes for a much better soup texture.
Then all the ingredients go into the food processor and are blended.
It's a really quick and easy recipe to make!
I especially love the combination of cucumber and mint.
Vegan Cold Cucumber Soup goes well with all sorts of salads and sandwiches.
I recommend trying it with some of these easy no-cook recipes:
Now let's make Vegan Cold Cucumber Soup!
Vegan Cold Cucumber Soup
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced into half moons
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Pacific Foods Unsweetened Hemp Plant-Based Beverage
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 mint leaves
- salt, to taste
- chopped cucumber and mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Add the cucumbers, garlic, hemp plant-based beverage, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, mint leaves, and salt to the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Taste to adjust for salt.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish with chopped cucumber and mint leaves, if desired.
Nutritional information is an estimation only.