Vegan Avocado Ranch Dressing is super creamy and flavorful without any dairy or oil. All you need are a few basic ingredients and a blender. You’ll want to eat salads every day with a dressing like this one!
Are you a fan of Ranch dressing?
I usually make a basic Cashew Ranch Dressing, but when I want something extra creamy that feels indulgent, I make Vegan Avocado Ranch Dressing instead.
But it’s still oil-free and dairy-free. And a little goes a long way. So there’s no reason to feel guilty!
A batch of Vegan Avocado Ranch Dressing will last you throughout the week.
So if you’re into batch cooking, this is a great recipe to make.
Besides enjoying it with raw vegetables and on green salads, you can add it to a plethora of dishes.
Most days, I like to pour it over a big salad of various greens, garbanzo beans, green onions, and cherry tomatoes. Or a baked potato.
And this dressing is excellent on Buffalo Ranch Chickpea Taco Salad.
Besides avocado, part of what makes Vegan Avocado Ranch Dressing so creamy is raw cashews.
If you have a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix or Blendtec, you won’t need to soak the cashews to soften them. I also don’t have any problem getting the cashews smooth when I’ve used my Ninja blender.
But otherwise, all you need to do is soak the cashews in a bowl of hot water for at least 30 minutes, and you’ll be good to go.
And if you’re interested in trying other homemade vegan salad dressings, you may enjoy these recipes, too:
Now let’s make Vegan Avocado Ranch Dressing!
Vegan Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I use organic soy milk)
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup raw cashews (see Recipes Notes)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 avocado
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Mix the non-dairy milk with the apple cider in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the non-dairy milk mixture to a high speed blender along with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until well combined and completely smooth. Taste and adjust for seasonings, as needed.
- Transfer the dressing to a covered container and refrigerate until ready to serve.