Tomato Mushroom Pasta is easy to make on a weeknight in under 30 minutes. And you only need to use one pot! Minimal work and cleanup means you can enjoy a glass of wine instead of spending lots of time in the kitchen. Plus Tomato Mushroom Pasta is vegan and gluten free.
And I got all the ingredients for a bargain at Grocery Outlet!
Some nights all I want to do is get dinner on the table as quickly as possible and then relax.
I don’t want to have to prep a lot of ingredients or wash a ton of dishes.
After a busy day, I want dinner now. And maybe even a glass of wine.
That’s why I love this Tomato Mushroom Pasta.
Have you shopped at Grocery Outlet?
Check out the deals at your nearby location! And if you sign up for their email newsletter, you’ll get a $3 coupon!
I love looking for grocery bargains including organics in their fresh produce and NOSH section (Natural, Organic, Specialty, Healthy).
I find so many vegan and gluten-free groceries at discount prices every time I stop in.
And they have wine!
(Be sure to check Barnivore to see if a wine is vegan.)
I can’t believe how amazing the prices are!
I bought everything to make this Tomato Mushroom Pasta at Grocery Outlet.
But weeknights I’m perfectly happy with a big bowl of pasta. And maybe a glass of wine.
Did I mention the 2.2 pound of organic gluten-free pasta I purchased was only $2.99? And the 8-pack of organic canned diced tomatoes was only $3.99!
Prices may vary were you live, but you get the idea of the amazing grocery bargains you can find at Grocery Outlet.
I hope you enjoy this Tomato Mushroom Pasta. If you make it, please tag Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me! Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen.
Or you can post your photos on the Facebook page Veggies Save The Day.
Tomato Mushroom Pasta (30 minute meal)
- 8 ounces gluten-free pasta such as penne
- Olive oil for sauteing or use water if following an oil-free diet
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 ounces mushrooms Cremini or white button, sliced
- 1-14.5 ounce can organic diced tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot used to cook the pasta, heat the oil, if using, over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms, and saute until some of their moisture has been released and they are starting to soften.
- Add the can of tomatoes with their juices. Continue to saute, stirring often, for a few minutes until everything is heated through.
- Add salt to taste.
- Return the cooked pasta to the pot and toss to combine.
- Divide the pasta among two bowls. Garnish with torn basil leaves and enjoy!