Tex Mex Salad Bowl is a flavorful meal comprised of crisp Romaine lettuce, colorful veggies, and a tangy lime dressing. It’s one of many easy plant-based recipes from Jazzy Vegetarian’s Deliciously Vegan by Laura Theodore.
I love main dish salads.
So when I was looking through Laura Theodore’s latest book, Jazzy Vegetarian’s Deliciously Vegan, I was immediately drawn to the Tex Mex Salad Bowl.
(And you can enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post to win your own copy!)
You may be familiar with Laura from her popular public television series The Jazzy Vegetarian.
I like her recipes because they are really easy to follow. And they are made with ingredients you can find at your local market.
I also enjoy the menu plans for holidays and special occasions she includes in the book.
Check out some of the recipes I’m looking forward to trying:
I’m really can’t wait to try that last one!
I highly recommend trying the Tex Mex Salad Bowl!
I love the combination of flavors, textures, and colors.
The chips add a nice crunch, but since there are only a handful in the whole bowl, it’s still a healthy meal.
I personally enjoy crumbling them into pieces and sprinkling them over the salad.
And the dressing is tangy, sweet, and spicy thanks to fresh lime juice, pure maple syrup, and cayenne pepper.
Plus you only need four ingredients to make it and no special equipment!
In fact, this salad is incredibly quick and easy to make. Just combine the ingredients in a bowl and add the dressing.
Now let’s make Tex Mex Salad Bowls!
Tex Mex Salad Bowl
- 8 cups loosely packed baby romaine or chopped romaine
- 20 black bean tortilla chips
- 14 grape or cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed, if canned
- Kernels from 1 large ear of corn cooked (or 3/4 cup canned corn kernels, drained)
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped orange or red sweet bell pepper
- 4 green queen olives with pimento sliced
- 1/2 large avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- For each salad, put 4 cups of lettuce into a large bowl. Arrange 10 tortilla chips around the circumference of the bowl. Artfully arrange 14 tomato halves on top of the lettuce. Top with one-half of the chickpeas, corn kernels and sweet peppers. Sprinkle one-half of the olives over the salad and arrange one-half of the avocado slices on top in a pleasing manner.
- Put all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and briskly whisk until smooth (see note). Drizzle one-half of the dressing over each salad, and serve.