Have you tried spaghetti with Brussels sprouts? If not, you’re in for a treat!
Every time I see a stalk of fresh Brussels sprouts in the market, I have to buy one. A few years ago I had no idea that sprouts grow on a thick stalk. Now that I know, and they are readily available, I buy them every chance I get.
But sometimes you don’t actually need that many sprouts for your recipe. That’s why I challenged myself to come up with ways of preparing them other than simply roasting them in the oven (Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash, anyone?) And I thought, why not combine them with pasta?
Moreover, this is actually two recipes in one since you can use the topping on any pasta you like, even macaroni and cheese!
Let’s make Spaghetti with Brussels Sprouts and Cheesy Walnut Topping!
Spaghetti with Brussels Sprouts and Cheesy Walnut Topping
Spaghetti with Brussels Sprouts and Cheesy Walnut Topping is a healthy complete meal and a great way to enjoy pasta and Brussels sprouts together.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat, then add the garlic. Stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and saute until soft and slightly browned, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to the pot.
- Season the Brussels sprouts with salt, to taste. Add the sprouts to the pasta and toss to combine.
- Divide the pasta among four bowls and top each with the Cheesy Walnut Topping. Enjoy!
- To make the Cheesy Walnut Topping, add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until topping is the consistency of course sand. Refrigerate any unused portion in an airtight container. Makes about 1 cup.
Leave me a comment and let me know your favorite way to prepare Brussels sprouts!
Pin it and save it for later!
Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me which recipes you’re making from the blog! Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen.
Please click through the Amazon banner ad or any Amazon links in my posts for all your Amazon purchases. When you place an order, it won’t cost you anything extra, and I will earn a small commission which helps me afford the groceries to develop my recipes and pay for the maintenance of this site. Thank you in advance for your consideration and support!
Never had nutritional yeast (“nooch”) before? You have to try it!