I love this Simple Massaged Kale Salad! Massaging kale with avocado makes it nice and tender, not to mention delicious. And it's oil-free!
What are your favorite vegetables to add to salad?
For this Simple Massaged Kale Salad, I really enjoy topping it with cherry tomatoes, red, yellow, and orange sweet bell peppers, and radishes.
But don't feel like you can only enjoy this recipe as a traditional salad.
I love adding kale salad to potato tacos.
And my friend Becky adds it to Crunchy Sushi Rolls!
When preparing your salad, don't be surprised when your big bowl of chopped kale reduces quite a bit in size once the kale is massaged.
And don't be afraid to really get in there and get your hands dirty.
It's only avocado, after all, and I won't tell anyone if you lick your fingers afterward.
If for some reason you don't want to use avocado, or it's not available, feel free to substitute a little olive oil instead.
This salad is also great the next day.
I love the leftovers for lunch.
Can you tell that kale is a staple in my house?
And you can read about the many health benefits of eating kale in this article from HealthyLine.
Now let's make Simple Massaged Kale Salad!
Simple Massaged Kale Salad
- 1 bunch kale, any variety
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp coconut vinegar
- 1 cup vegetables of your choice, such as bell peppers, radishes, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, or olives, sliced or chopped
- Wash and dry the kale. Remove the ribs with a knife and cut the kale leaves into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, add the kale and the scooped out avocado. Massage with your hands for a few minutes untilthe kale is tender and reduced in volume.
- Add the coconut vinegar and toss to combine.
- Add your favorite veggies and toss again.
- Eat right away or refrigerate and enjoy later!
Nutritional information is an estimation only.